Need 2 scopes and need advice

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by 95huskers, Dec 7, 2013.

1. 95huskers

95huskers Well-Known Member

I have a 7mm and a 6xc build on the way. I need some glass to hang on these two scopes. The 7 will be used for all of my big game hunting and the 6xc will be my coyote rifle and possibly a whitetail deer rifle as well. I want to be able to take long range shots with both of these rifles if I need to. Keeping my budget to $1200 or less I have it narrowed down to Zeiss HD5 or Vortex PST. Looking at the highest powers available in both.

Of these two choices which would you suggest? Also, is the HD5 a large improvement over the regular conquest? Is there another scope I should consider?

2. 406precision

406precision Well-Known Member

We use vortex optics a lot and the pst 6-24-50 is the scope we use the most in our classes and on our rifle packages and I don't think you would be disappointed.

The glass is great and having a zero stop, very accurate repeatable turrets, and moa or mil reticles for accurate hold offs makes them a very hard scope to beat for the money. Besides the warranty speaks for itself.