Neck size tension?

Going further with the topic of annealing, does anyone have experience with a "amp" annealer? I like the idea and concept just haven't set aside the money to buy one yet

I don't sort brass. I size, trim, chamfer, and uniform flash holes. I use Redding FL dies when full length sizing, and a lee collet die with the mandrel turned down for neck sizing. My 7RM loves .0015 neck tension. I tried .003 and .002 with decent results (8-12 SD). I went down to .0015 and now it's in the 2-3 SD. Retumbo has never thrown good ES/SD for me in my 7RM. RL26 is key for me. I would expect RL33 or N570 to work better for you than retumbo or H1000. Don't over think it. 215Ms should be your primer of choice in that rifle with those powders. It's a tad bit hotter ignition than the 250s and seems to be more controlled. It works better with the slower powders.

I don't sort brass. I size, trim, chamfer, and uniform flash holes. I use Redding FL dies when full length sizing, and a lee collet die with the mandrel turned down for neck sizing. My 7RM loves .0015 neck tension. I tried .003 and .002 with decent results (8-12 SD). I went down to .0015 and now it's in the 2-3 SD. Retumbo has never thrown good ES/SD for me in my 7RM. RL26 is key for me. I would expect RL33 or N570 to work better for you than retumbo or H1000. Don't over think it. 215Ms should be your primer of choice in that rifle with those powders. It's a tad bit hotter ignition than the 250s and seems to be more controlled. It works better with the slower powders.
I picked up some some RL 33 but I'm having a hard time figuring out a starting point for a load. Also a friend is selling a bunch if stuff her late husband had.(guns and reloading items including a pile of 215m primers.) I'll be trying the 215m primers. Been using CCI.
I think I've found part of the reason for the crazy velocity swings. It's the brass neck lengths. I've got 50 pieces of Bertram 338 edge brass that I'm going to form new brass with. I've made 3 pieces just playing around. The one thing i can see is I'll need to get a neck turner and turn them and fire form them then I think I'll be on the right track and should be able to push it harder than the Nosler brass was letting me
Kris

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.