• Sinclair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21st century

• K&M

• Total voters

Eat Rice

Looking to get a neck expanding mandrel setup. Will be for my 6.5SST, the question is K&M, 21st century or sinclair. Will be just to startup and eventually get different cals along with a neck turning tool of the brand i go with.

I have Sinclair carbide and the 21st TiN coated ones. The carbide are smoother, but considerably more $. I have found in most my cartridges after annealing that the turning mandrel provides the more desirable neck tension. Only on a couple cartridges do I use the expanding mandrel.

I guess what im asking which brand should i start to invest since in the end it could take me a year or so to acquire all the essentials to neck turn and etc?

Take this with a very very small grain of salt as I'm a brand new Reloader. Like haven't loaded a shell yet.

I have researched all of my resentlt purchased equipment for 3 years. All of the brands you have listed or have been suggested are of excellent quality.

I chose the Sinclair with Tin coated Mandrels as virtually all my research across multiple forums and videos kept leading to the Sinclair. I didn't want the standard steel mandrel and I wasn't sold on the benefit of a $50 carbide mandrel so went with the $20 Tin. I have practiced with my case necks dipped in Imperial Dry Neck lube and it has worked awesome. I will be setting neck tension only and not drastically sizing up brass (maybe worth carbide if I was) however.

Back to the professionals.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.