Nebraska October Antlerless Deer

dirtking

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to show the first kill off this hunting season. Where I was hunting is along the Platte River. The field is a prairie grass field that borders the strip of woods next to the river. I saw a couple of little bucks first thing. After about an hour after daylight 2 does started to cross the field. They trotted to the edge of the woods and stopped at 165 yards (I know not very long range:rolleyes:). The wind was blowing about 10mph from 2 o'clock. I dialed in the .75 moa elevation and .5 moa for wind. Held directly behind the shoulder and squeezed off the shot. She ran about 50 yards into the woods. Now for the pictures:)

image.jpg

The rifle used is a PCR built Remington SA in 6.5 Creedmoor, Manners TF4 stock in forest camo with mini chassis, rock creek 1/8 twist m24 contour, and Nightforce 5.5-22x56 with MOAR HS ZS. I am using the 140gr Amax.

Thanks for looking!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.