Nebraska Deer?

BUSTINDOGS

Well Didn't draw my MT tag this year so I'm looking for another option for an over the counter hunt.
Thinking of hunting the plains unit in Nebraska (mule deer) hopefully. anyone here hunt around there that would be willing to answer a few questions.
Thanks Ryan

I'm going in November for whitetail. Not really sure what to expect, but since I didn't draw anything this year I will give it a try.

Same boat here looks like I'll know a lot more once I get there.
Turns out a guy I work with used to live in NE so he gave me a few tips on where to go. but last time he hunted there was 99! I'm sure a lot has changed since then.

Just wondering what the hunter density is like being that there's not a lot of public ground... compared to MT any way.

Anyone know anything about the BELF lands?

I was born and raised in Nebraska. VERY little public land...what's there gets hammered. If your trophy hunting, the key is getting access to the right private land. Most of the good ranches/farms are leased to outfitters or the rancher allows hunting for an access fee. Unless something has changed access to BELF lands is no different than access to strictly private land ...you must get permission from the entity who has the lease.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts