NEAR Mfg. scope base.

3sixbits

Near Mfg. I can not begin to express my satisfaction with the product that Richard Near has provided to me, without telling you that it has taken a number of years to get a base that would work on this 591 SAKO action. Now having gotten that said, let me emphasize that this base fits like a glove. The workmanship exceeds any and all I've seen from any other Mfg. Richard Near has to be congratulated for this work of art. Once I have the rings to get this system up and running I will post pictures. For those in the market for the finest and when only the vary best will do, look no further than to Richard Near!

I second what 3sixbits said about Richard Near's work.
He built a one piece base for my wife's .308 weatherby super varmintmaster. It fit perfect, did not have to shim it and barely started to lap the rings and had total contact with the lapping tool. He can make a base for a gun that no one else will even make one for and it is RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. Kirby Allen is building my wife a 6.5-284 (remmy long action ) and Richard has already shipped me a base. HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.
Joe

I'll second that as well. The base for my Sako 75 was nothing short of perfect. I've ordered another from him to go on my 270 AM that Kirby is building. Went ahead and got the rings as well. I know I won't be dissapointed.

How much are rings and bases for a Rem 700 long action? Anybody got pics? Are these that much better than Badger?

Never owned Badger so I can't say. You can get pics from their website: www.nearmfg.com

I will say that Richard is very nice to deal with. Just tell him what you've got and he'll make suggestions or do exactly what you want. It's nice to deal w/individuals in this time when large companies rule.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.