National Match Brass

frostop

I have a bunch of once fired National Match brass 30.06.

Can anyone think of a reason I shouldn't turn it into 280 AI?

I just picked up an Encore Barrel in 280 AI, haven't actually received it yet and haven't gotten any reloading info for the Ackley yet, just thought I would ask the experts!:D

Stomp,

Thanks for the reply! That's kinda what I was thinking but didn't have any data in front of me here at work:D

I'm thinking that I'll run them through and full length 280AI die and load a light standard 280 load and fire formlightbulb

I don't have them in front of me at the moment but I think they do have NM on them, my father used to shoot M1 Garand comp. years ago, you know back when you could buy an M1 Garand for $35, and he had gotten probably 500 rounds or more, which I have had all sized and rat holed for years and just figured that that would be a good use for them since they aren't stamped 30.06

If you are OK with short brass, then go ahead.

'06 brass is 2.494"
280 brass is 2.540", same as 270.

I use either 270 or 280 brass for my 6.5 Sherman and they will fireform to 2.52'.

I would expect the 280AI to be about the same.

Cliff

Cliff,

Thank you, that is the info that I was looking for. I was gonna check the book before doing this but didn't have one in front of me:cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.