Napolean complex scope?

RichCoyle

I guess I have the Napolean complex. I am 5'7" about 160 pounds and want a variable scope with a bottom no higher than 5X with a top end at least 40X. The glass needs to be at least as good as the Leupold VX-6 4-24X52. The weight limit is thirty ounces.

Any suggestions?

Well, gentlemen, I spent quite awhile on the 'net today. The only one I can find close to what I want is March 5-50X56. It weighs 29 oz. I am limited because I am not one of the cool kids who goes for first focal plane. I tried a couple and just can't warm up to the "growing" reticle.

They are inconvenient the way the holds stay true across a 10x erector range. It was so much better when your power ring could be slightly off and throw known holds off enough to miss.

Upside. 3500$ scopes can on occasion result in spousal exile, bringing the napoleon complex clear through.

Often times it's best to first be defeated on the steppe and then waterloo before said exile.

Sadly the sightron is one of those new cool kids... ffp and fat (49 oz). So roughly speaking 1/52nd of a prime napoleon.

I was going to suggest the March. I have a 2.5X25 that is 2nd focal plane and really like it.
Bruce

Same here. I love my Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50, but alas when comparing them side by side, the 6500 came in second. I was doing a low light comparison with both set on 10X. I started with the Bushnell and tried to find the small fork deer antlers 131 yards away in the woods. I couldn't. So, I tried the March. To my surprise, right away I found them and noted where they were. I aimed the Bushnell there and viola, I could see them. When I had the Leupold VX-6 4-24X52 and the Swarovski z5 5-25X52, they could not do any better than the Bushnell. I sold them. To top it off, the Bushnell goes to 30X clearly, so the March can't keep up with it there.

Well, gentlemen, I spent quite awhile on the 'net today. The only one I can find close to what I want is March 5-50X56. It weighs 29 oz. I am limited because I am not one of the cool kids who goes for first focal plane. I tried a couple and just can't warm up to the "growing" reticle.
Good lord 😳 how much does something like that sell for?
I have to admit it would be pretty cool to have a spotting scope that doubles as a rifle scope 😁

fIOEFvR.jpg

Good lord 😳 how much does something like that sell for?
I have to admit it would be pretty cool to have a spotting scope that doubles as a rifle scope 😁

I haven't checked on the price, I called March and I think the guy said something like $3,000. He talked so much I'm not really sure if he was talking about the one I'm interested in. He tried to convert me to the 8-80X!