N560 ES

OG-danimal

Anyone else having a helluva time getting consistent ES with VV N560? For me the lowest I can get my ES is 20s but I'm consistently getting big swings closer to 50fps. Shooting a 6.5 prc and 124hh

Could this be a rifle or barrel specific thing? Not sure what else to try to get these numbers down. I don't think it's my reloading process because other powders I'm getting single digits… 🤔

I have had no issue with it. I would guess it is something else, unless you tested another powder and get better results. One thing I do see with ES inconsistency is too hot of a load. PSI spikes are much more noticeable. It is possible you are little on the hot side.

Here the process:
New ADG 6.5 PRC
FL resize (no shoulder bump) .89 bushing
Chamfer and debur
Nylon brush neck
Dry lube, exp mand .2615
Prime CCI-BR2
Charge with RCBS Link to 60.0, then trickle in the last .2gr for total of 60.2gr
Seat 124HH to 2.880 CBTO
Crimp 1/8 turn with LFC die.

N560 is consistently giving me big swings in ES. From about 3210 to 3270fps.

Same process with 4831sc runs about 3100 at 56.5gr, very low ES. About 10fps

WhTs your difference between neck OD on a loaded road vs a sized after your mandrel? I ran the same bullet up to 59.0 and was getting a little pressure but with an es of 6. Dropped down one grain to 58.0 es went to 3 and groups shrunk .75 moa to .2 moa. No crimp. I'm better you have a lot of neck tension and your close to being well over max.

WhTs your difference between neck OD on a loaded road vs a sized after your mandrel? I ran the same bullet up to 59.0 and was getting a little pressure but with an es of 6. Dropped down one grain to 58.0 es went to 3 and groups shrunk .75 moa to .2 moa. No crimp. I'm better you have a lot of neck tension and your close to being well over max.
Not sure the OD difference. I'll check. I wasn't running a crimp and was getting a lot of flyers. With a crimp I'm shooting sub 1/2 moa at 100yrds. but still with pretty high ES. What's your velocity with 58gr?

Anyone else having a helluva time getting consistent ES with VV N560? For me the lowest I can get my ES is 20s but I'm consistently getting big swings closer to 50fps. Shooting a 6.5 prc and 124hh
You may want to try a faster powder with the Hammers. I got really good numbers with that bullet in front of H4831SC in my 6.5SS. If you do not have any H4831SC it is available most everywhere right now.

My 2 cents