My trophy

13point

13 point from many moons ago.

Attachments

• 13point.JPG
    13point.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 149
Thanks for all the positive feedback. This is an East TN deer believe it or not, scored approx. 168 and dressed 187 pounds. He had a scrape as big as a car hood in an old logging road (saw 6 does in it the evening before). I reset my treestand in the wrong direction and he came from straight behind me. I didn't dare look back to see what was coming toward me. I was in the top, I mean in the top of a tree, he walked right under my stand before I moved my eyes. It took 30 minutes for him to walk 100 yards, I knew this was not a doe. I'm still thankful nothing went wrong. I had the chance at another one as big as he is and didn't have a clean shot so I passed. He was taken by another guy later, 11 point every bit as big as this one with dark horns and was 188 pounds. I always figured they were brothers. I forgot, I went to my treestand the morning I got the 13 point 2 hours before daylight without turning a flashlight on. 2 or 3 deer blew at me and just knew it was over. It takes as much luck as skill sometimes and being at the right place at the right time helps also. BTW, this deer was taken in 1991.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts