My Three Year Research Results: Best Electric Bike

My E-CELLS Super Monarch Dual Crown weighs 95 pounds, 75# with the batteries off for transport on my bike rack. Yeah, a "beast" but it can haul 400 pounds (including rider and gear weight). I weigh 190 and haul about 25 pounds of gear including my rifle. so that leaves me with about 85 pounds of boned-out meat I can haul out, sufficient for antelope, mule deer and bighorn sheep minus the cape.
I would not be afraid to exceed that load limit by 50# given the bike's power. It has two 52 volt motors, not 48 volt (that advertise 52 volts "max") like most e-mountain bikes. Using the max output from a 48 volt motor will burn it out much faster than using them on a 52 V noter. Yes,you don't use max power constantly but using it for more than a few minutes dows harm the motor(s).
I keep my bike in 2 wheel drive mode at all times when hunting B/C it's easier on the motors.

So if you want a sport e-mtb go ahead with the mid drive. But a cargo e-mtb really needs hub drive(s).
Different drives for different purposes. Neither is "bad" or "best". Depends on the use.
Being 76, I use an UTV, but I am considering an electric scooter, that I have seen in Bestbuy. The wheels look too small for me though. I'm a predator hunter and thought the electric scooter would be good.
What did you select and what type of use are you anticipating?

My E-CELLS Super Monarch Dual Crown weighs 95 pounds, 75# with the batteries off for transport on my bike rack. Yeah, a "beast" but it can haul 400 pounds (including rider and gear weight). I weigh 190 and haul about 25 pounds of gear including my rifle. so that leaves me with about 85 pounds of boned-out meat I can haul out, sufficient for antelope, mule deer and bighorn sheep minus the cape.
I would not be afraid to exceed that load limit by 50# given the bike's power. It has two 52 volt motors, not 48 volt (that advertise 52 volts "max") like most e-mountain bikes. Using the max output from a 48 volt motor will burn it out much faster than using them on a 52 V noter. Yes,you don't use max power constantly but using it for more than a few minutes dows harm the motor(s).
I keep my bike in 2 wheel drive mode at all times when hunting B/C it's easier on the motors.

So if you want a sport e-mtb go ahead with the mid drive. But a cargo e-mtb really needs hub drive(s).
Different drives for different purposes. Neither is "bad" or "best". Depends on the use.
Being 76, I use an UTV, but I am considering an electric scooter, that I have seen in Bestbuy. The wheels look too small for me though. I'm a predator hunter and thought the electric scooter would be good.