My sons nice muley

He was so happy to take this fine buck! the day before he missed a smaller whitetail and had only shot at it after his standing broadside option evaporated. he was bummed that he had missed. fast forward to day 2 of the youth hunt, his older brother was still at home sick so just he and i. he picked out the buck with the biggest body and shot it!
Yes his smile was so great! he is still super excited about it. he now has a larger buck to go on his wall. (first deer was a little forky, second was a doe, this is his third)

a fine trophy it is, and not because of the antlers. good times!!

it is truly exciting each and everytime!

my 6 year old daughter keeps asking if she can shoot a deer. min age in MT is 10 with the youth mentor program. she loves target shooting and wanted to hang out with us while we butchered. not sure what she really thought but she kept saying, "this isn't gross…" 😂 she must have heard someone else make a comment or something..

Great buck. I love the way his right branches on the front main beam, and left branches off the back G2. Good character.
yeah the character in the antlers is pretty cool. the beam looks like it was damaged at some point and the 4th point on the front didn't develop right…

Attachments

• E5666806-85E8-47A5-B7E3-E7AFEF666878.jpeg
    E5666806-85E8-47A5-B7E3-E7AFEF666878.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 37

Recent Posts