My 2023 muley

Nice deer. What's the rest of the story. Gun? Range.

Thanks

Buck
Well I guess I should elaborate a little more. I shot him with my 300 win mag and 200gr Berger hybrid. I was glassing some state and blm land when I saw him chasing 6 does. He was checking each doe out. Then for no reason other than they just didn't smell good enough he turned around and headed back north deeper into the blm land. I figured I had nothing better to do and this is what I was here for so I started my trek back into no man's land. I made several stops along the way glassing sage flats and creek bottoms. I stopped and ate my lunch figuring I'd have about another mile to go to get to where should be. I had to make a huge loop to get the wind right. Where he headed was a big ridge that was facing north and then there was a big sage flat. I figured he'd be laying on that ridge out of the wind. I cautiously made my way to that ridge and took my pack off to sneak up and glass the area. I had no more peeked over the crest of the hill and there he was walking down the fence line. Talk about right place at the right time. I layer down ranged him at 275 yds looked him over for a second to savor the moment and squeezed the trigger. He was immediately down with two broken shoulders. I stayed on him with a insurance shot but it wasn't needed. I gathered my pack and made way to him. I deboned the deer right there and caped him out on the spot. I had a long walk out of there and needed everything to be packed in perfectly. I checked my onyx app and drew a distance line from where I was standing to my truck and it was a tad over 4 miles line of sight. I'm not sure how far it was by foot. I left my truck that morning when it was dark and returned just as it was getting dark that evening. I had a successful hunt and a satisfying pack out. I left a lot of sweat on the hills that day but it was worth it I have a trophy I feel like I truly earned!!!