My new 6.5 creedmoor build!!!

300R

Hi Guy's, thought i would share some pics of my new rifle build,still waiting on a trigger as i was sent the wrong one,if anyone has some creedmoor loads please share them, it was built by Scott at TGS.
specs are;

Surgeon 591 action
Mcmillan htg
27"shilen 1-8T #7 fluted
cg jackson 2-stage(when it gets here)
badger m5
all metal in cerakote

010-2.jpg

016.jpg
011-1.jpg

012-2.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome looking rig!!!
Congratsgun)
Let us see it again when you have the trigger installed and show us how it shoots.
It looks real nice, nice pictures also.

Well guy's i got to the range to break her in and a little load testing,i didn't have much time so i wasn't able to do much fine tuning,but i ran some loads mainly just for velocity and numbers and have to say i think this rifle has some real potential.
I started at 41.5gr of adi 2209(h4350) and maxed out at 45.5gr.
There were three loads that were standout's for me so i will hopefully get back to the range soon to test for accuracy,140 bergers and smk's were used for testing these are my favourites so far,
43gr 2209, 142smk,2789fps,sd: 3
44gr 2209, 140vld,2818fps,sd: 7
45.5gr(max),140vld,2908fps,sd:23 (still safe in "my" rifle, no sticky bolt, faint ejector mark,one case looked to have a very slight primer leak though.)
These were all measured with a kurzzeit 21,i can't wait to get back to the range and print some groups, i have some RL17 i am gonna try too.

Thanks HUAINAMACHERO,here is the update pics with trigger installed and new NF-F1 mounted and a picture of the group it shot after one adjustment shot of the new scope,the pic of the 3 shot group was at 200m(220yards),the load was 44.2gr of 2209(4350) with 140 berger's,cci br2 primer,brass was straight out of the box and velocity was right on 2850fps.
The measurement you see on the caliper is taken from outside to outside so if you subtract .264 from it,it is very impressive and i have to say i am very pleased,thanks for looking fella's.
022.jpg

004.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts