My new 300WSM, what do you think?

Bedded it tonight, the devcon is drying as we speak. I am a nervous wreck waiting to see how it turned out. Stressing about the kiwi polish i used as a release agent. I will know tomorrow. I free floated the barrel with the electrical tape as a shim to free float the barrel. Pray for me!!!

Bedded it tonight, the devcon is drying as we speak. I am a nervous wreck waiting to see how it turned out. Stressing about the kiwi polish i used as a release agent. I will know tomorrow. I free floated the barrel with the electrical tape as a shim to free float the barrel. Pray for me!!!

So, how did it turn out? Post up some pics.

I need to go back and add some bedding material. Everything is super secure, but i did get some small air pockets. For as nervous as i was about it, i'm not entirely dissapointed with the results.
IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

Barrel
IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

Sweet. That looks allot better. I would not sweat the air pockets as long as the foundation is secure. Now torque it all down and shoot it. As always let us know how she does. Good luck.

Nice job with the devcon! I know that feeling when you are waiting for the epoxy to cure. Especially when you are not sure about the release agent. I had one that I had to put in a meat freezer to get it to separate. How much clearance do you have at the muzzle? What was the cure time on the devcon? I have a bedding job coming up and I might use it this time. I am going to pillar, and glass bed the action, and float the barrel. Nice job!
7 STW.

Seriously, thats all i have saved up for my scope yet! Certainly not ballin' over here, just using my rifle case as a piggy bank!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.