"My" never leave the local gun store empty-handed rule ...

I wasn't on the rl26 bandwagon, but I'm kinda giving up on seeing rl22 or rl25 at sane prices again...
LGS had some reloader powders. I think they were $60-70 pound. I have some I bought there a few years back that still have the price tag on them. $27. Not sure how long ago that was. During covid I lucked into some R26 online. I think it was $40 pound.

LGS had some reloader powders. I think they were $60-70 pound. I have some I bought there a few years back that still have the price tag on them. $27. Not sure how long ago that was. During covid I lucked into some R26 online. I think it was $40 pound.
The first time I paid much over 30 a # for anything was probably the tail 1/2 of 22... Even now, I loath going over 40 a #. It looks like some are trying for 60-70 per # to be the new normal.

Same here, local store had 2 pounds of Alliant 2400 and I snagged them without even looking at the price. With inflation it almost doesn't matter. By this time next year we'll be wishing we'd bought more. The dollar has last 25% of it's value since 2020.

Agree Haymaker/others - I enjoy reloading for all shooting applications and to be honest. Buying for me now is more about having it in the future, period. I just bought 8# of a powder for a load that uses 9.5-10 grain a round. Still not sure that is enough but it will suit me for a while...

Free shipping was the drink I needed to get me over the edge.... then they came out with free haz........ DOH!!!!!!!

Free shipping was the drink I needed to get me over the edge.... then they came out with free haz........ DOH!!!!!!!
I had a brick of federal 210's in my cart and then I seen that total with shipping and hazmat.😳 I changed my mind on the purchase because I really don't need any for quite a while. If I did actually need them I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

Well Idaho finally got a Scheels. Went to the grand opening and had to come home with something right 😉

20240406_173749.jpg

Picked up 3k magnum primers at a palmetto state armory last October. Just happened to ask a worker if they had any reloading supplies since they didn't have any on the shelf. He said I think I've got some in the back if you want me to check. He comes back out with these so I ask him how much. He says $4.99 a sleeve. Picked up all 3 for $150. IMG_4260.jpeg

Picked up 3k magnum primers at a palmetto state armory last October. Just happened to ask a worker if they had any reloading supplies since they didn't have any on the shelf. He said I think I've got some in the back if you want me to check. He comes back out with these so I ask him how much. He says $4.99 a sleeve. Picked up all 3 for $150. View attachment 561841
Well DUH!!! Snag of the decade lol.

Another benefit of working from home is not having the thought of, "i should just swing by the store real quick and see what they got..." saved so much money so far LOL