"My" never leave the local gun store empty-handed rule ...

Usually Chile verde has no tomatoes, but dependent on the individual restaurant/family recipe. I can usually mark a great restaurant by ordering a green Chile burro enchilada style. If that is a great dish, I usually go back many times, lol. A very unscientific method, but AZ has myriad choices for great Mexican dishes. It's proximity to NM makes Hatch a household name here. I love Mexican food, no doubt.
I agree with you. The traditional one I remember had NO tomatos. But more and more restaurants claim to be "authentic" ad tomatos now.

We mainly made chili rellenos with them. Although my friend's family also put them in meatloaf and a bunch of other dishes. I'll look up the Denver Green Chilli recipe! Okay off to make bacon, eggs, pancake breakfast!
A restaurant I worked in 1981, we will put green chili on chili rellenos. I have not had those on 30 years

I agree with you. The traditional one I remember had NO tomatos. But more and more restaurants claim to be "authentic" ad tomatos now.
Authentic is a pretty cheap word these days. Many of my friends with family ties to Mexico will tell me American based restaurants with Mexican dishes are far superior to Mexico based restaurants, taco stands etc....it's the consistency of recipes, and quality ingredients we enjoy in the US. The south west US just excel in these many styles of Mexican based cuisine. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. I'm not talking taco bell and the many franchises like Chipoltle either....I don't go there.

I didn't leave the LGS empty handed today!!
@joseph singleton Here Ya Go!
9A2FC64E-2A98-43DD-A0F4-5E7A39AFCFAA.jpeg

Picked up some new temp glass for my Sako M995 TRGS in 340 Weatherby

Not a Leupy fan but this was the only scope available "now" that would fit the factory Sako Opti-Lock 1" rings that are spaced 5 7/8" apart, bought a Swarovski last week but had to return it because the tube had only 5 5/8" of ring space, the Leupy has 6" .... really, really wanted the Swarovski , dang it .... , but the Sako is not drilled/tapped , can't use typical bases/rings or a picatinny rail .... that's gonna change after the hunting season & the Leupy will end up on a Ruger 10/22 for winter ptarmigan hunting ....

1061900F-01EE-483D-9AAF-1AFF662B72D7.jpeg
369F8056-EB4D-42C5-8489-D65663763FFC.jpeg