My hunting E-MTB "system"

True, but i could see laws evolving similar to some lakes that do not allow internal combustion motors but allow electric motors. i would like to at least see pedal assist become acceptable wherever bicycles are approved even if straight throttle is not initially allowed. i'm not sure how access differs in different areas that allow bicycles and if there are all trails or if people can simply ride through the woods. i know where i have hunted i would have to stay on trails/roads unless i wanted to get off the bike constantly and i personally feel like a road that allows bikes will not have any more wear with an e-bike.
I may be to limit impact, by limiting access. Most people can't or won't hunt off a pedal bike, because it is too hard to pack a camp in and pack it all out on a normal bike. With a e bike, it is a lot easier. For example, normally around here in NW Montana, you hardly ever saw any mountain bikes during hunting season, this year it seemed like every rig had a E-bike. Also with extra batteries and a small solar panel, you can have a trailer way easier with a e-bike. It all depends on how the trail is marked, some are.foot and horse only, some non-motorized, while others limit you on the type of motorized vehicle that you can use. Some places require less access,.because of what lives or grows their, more people, equals more disturbance. These guys work with a fine line on access.

I know portions of the forest in the blue mountains in SE Washington and NE Oregon have areas where no wheels are allowed including bicycles or game carts. Areas where i grew up hunting have closed gates but the roads can still be accessed by bicycles. Again, I see the downsides and using just a throttle is not super fair if the rules are bicycles only, but if they are using pedal assist then i see it differently. I'm not saying i'm right, this is just my way of looking at it. The real problem is any time there is any legal advantage or opening, people will abuse it and ruin it for the people who follow the rules just like how local state land where people have target shot for years have all been shut down to shooting due to people dumping trash.

I know portions of the forest in the blue mountains in SE Washington and NE Oregon have areas where no wheels are allowed including bicycles or game carts. Areas where i grew up hunting have closed gates but the roads can still be accessed by bicycles. Again, I see the downsides and using just a throttle is not super fair if the rules are bicycles only, but if they are using pedal assist then i see it differently. I'm not saying i'm right, this is just my way of looking at it. The real problem is any time there is any legal advantage or opening, people will abuse it and ruin it for the people who follow the rules just like how local state land where people have target shot for years have all been shut down to shooting due to people dumping trash.
True seems like everywhere today people keep abusing privileges, I know we have wilderness areas here in CO, and no motor is allowed to be in those woods. I wish they would allow bikes as horses are too darn expensive and crazy.

I bought a Bakcou Mule this summer with their 25ah battery. I'm amazed by the range and power of the system. I tried it with the trailer and 100 lbs of sand on the NFS road by the house. No problem. I don't use the throttle and prefer to use pedal assistance. I can go 20 miles on the local roads and still have 75% power when I get home.
I wish the access rules were better. I'm 65 and it opens up my options.
I don't ride on muddy roads/ trails and rarely notice any sign of my passing beyond bent grass.
I had of lot of fun exploring with it and a 10/22 while nominally grouse hunting.

I get it, I really do. If it weren't for all.the people who abuse it, I would be all for the e-bike. Maybe limit it to disabled people or something like that. I am disabled and have a hard time walking. I was actually pondering investing in one, but seeing them on.so many rigs this year, really turned me off. I used to use a mountain bike to hunt with, then had to.go to a truck or quad, because of a spinal injury. Then they started closing all the roads.

I liked the idea of pedal assist bikes but the price is just unreasonable. As far as a throttle goes, it's just an electric motorcycle and has no place in non-motorized areas. Technically electric power IS motorized, combustion power is an engine.
Regardless I feel that greatly increasing the efficiency of access is a double edged sword. Only the early adopters will enjoy the advantages. Soon to follow will be hordes of people and the advantages and the experience of it all will be gone.

I liked the idea of pedal assist bikes but the price is just unreasonable. As far as a throttle goes, it's just an electric motorcycle and has no place in non-motorized areas. Technically electric power IS motorized, combustion power is an engine.
Regardless I feel that greatly increasing the efficiency of access is a double edged sword. Only the early adopters will enjoy the advantages. Soon to follow will be hordes of people and the advantages and the experience of it all will be gone.
My thoughts exactly, I have seen it too many times.

OK, so I purchased an E-CELLS Super Monarch Crown E-MTB for hunting in Nevada.
The company is based in Pahrump Nevada about 60 miles from my home un Henderson, NV.

THE BIKE: Nice to have the company HQ that close but the big reason I chose E-CELLS is the great value I have in this bike compared to ANY other 2 wheel drive E-MTB on the market. (currently $5,100.)
That means -> 2 wheel drive, 2 batteries, dual suspension, fenders, racks and 9 (nine) levels of torque sensing pedal assist, Samsung batteries, Shimano Deore gear set, Rok Shox suspension and many more features not found on direct competitors.
400 pound load capacity including me and my gear. My rifle is in a padded cloth case carried diagonally across my back. It's the best way to protect it I could devise. Handlebar carriers bounce the he!! out of the scope.

THE CHARGING SYSTEM: 1.) BLUETTI AC200 MAX lithium iron phosphate power center. This newer battery composition results in 3,200 charge/discharge cycles v.s. 480 or so for a Li-ion battery of the same power. ($1,500. direct from BLUETTI)
2.) Off Grid TREK 220 watt solar "blanket" to charge the BLUETTI power center. ($1,700. direct from OGT in Canada) This blanket cable locks to the roof rack of my MAZDA CX-5 SUV and charges the BLUETTI in the trunk during the day. It's the smallest blanket for that output and the highest quality with SunPower flexible solar panels. Weight-> 13 lbs. Folded size 4" high and the area of a large laptop computer.

This system runs my IGLOO cooler during the day and in the late afternoon when I return from hunting it charges my e-bike.
Much better, lighter and more compact system than a Honda generator and gas cans to fuel it. Also good for home power outages (my excuse to my wife for this outrageous expenditure).

So yeah, kinda spendy but hey, kind of a "prepper" setup too. I'm using this system for the first time this September on an antelope hunt in north central Nevada. I'll post a report when I return. "fingers crossed"

What is your car camping E-MTB setup?
So how was it? I am considering the same ebike, or perhaps the new Triple Crown. Unfortunately, Colorado limits are 750 watts.

Here in the "wild west" most of the land is BLM territory and e-bikes are OK everywhere except Federal Wilderness Areas. There its hoofing it, either your own "hoofs" or horses, goats or llamas, but NO e-bikes ore even pedaled mountain bikes!

UPDATE: I hunted amntelope this year in north central Nevada's Lander County (horns shorter than ears). I confess that, embarrassingly, I missed FOUR times using laser rangefinder binoculars, 4.5 - 18 x 44 G3 Xmas trow reticle scope and 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro rifle!! I had my hold-over dope inside the objective lens cap. 780 yards, 320 yards, 460 yards and 630 yards!!! All shots were prone off my day pack. Aaaaarrrggghhh!
I took the rifle to the range when I got back home and it was right on at 200 yards, my original zero.
The problem was the wrong dope, 6.5 CM instead of 6.5 PRC. (I have a 6.5 CM RPR for LR competition) I picked up the wrong d@mn printout to copy into my scope cap info. I use Hornady 6.5 PRC Match ammo and (the wrong) Hornady 4DOF ballistics (with my own velocity from my Magnetosoeed chronograph). So yeah, I was always shooting high. What a brain fart!
MORAL-> Check out everything you use for shooting before hunting.

E-BIKE REPORT-> All worked vey well with my E-CELLS bike and the charging system of solar blanket charging the LiFePO4 battery and that battery (using its AC power outlet) running a charger that was charging my e-mountain bike's two batteries. The big BLUETTI battery also was running a cooler all day.
I was in a high valley at 8,300 ft. and hunted at well over 9,000 ft. The e-bike really helped me get to 9,000+ ft. Then walking up stalking to 9,800 ft. was obviously on foot. I also scouted that big valley a lot on the bike, at least 10 miles, so it saved me days of walking.
I never saw another hunter the 6 days I was there, thankfully. The "upside" was that I at least got some shooting.

I really don't know. But my luck is such, that the Warden would be a subject matter expert.
Truth be told odds are slim to none you would hit an expert. Even if they were they would have to be able to see the internals of the motor and able to check output. This would require a search warrant, and they would need probably cause to even apply for the warrant. Probable cause is across the canyon from reasonable suspicion. Alaska tried the same thing on the Kenai by limiting the HP......yep guys just re-labeled or even switched cowlings. Those that de-tuned just re-tuned. The ones that got caught were clearly violating the requirements, and basic boating knowledge experience allowed many warrants to verify engine output.

The best way to experience the reality of pedal assist is to rent one and check it out. Reality is the power provided by pedal assist is exact same as twisting the throttle you just have to move your feet in a pedal motion. You have probably seen the whales riding an e bike going up the hill and their feet are moving so slow if not for the assist they would fall over due to no forward movement.

The best way to experience the reality of pedal assist is to rent one and check it out. Reality is the power provided by pedal assist is exact same as twisting the throttle you just have to move your feet in a pedal motion. You have probably seen the whales riding an e bike going up the hill and their feet are moving so slow if not for the assist they would fall over due to no forward movement.
Mine has peddle assist and I am amazed at how well it works.