An E-MTB antelope hunt

Litehiker

Just returned from a north central Nevada antelope hunt. Sadly no antelope due to my missing a few shots but the solar blanket and lithium iron phosphate solar battery worked very well for charging my e-mountain bike and running a small cooler all day.
Gotta say hunting with an e-mountain bike is a Godsend for us geezers, or anyone who has to cover a lot of hunting ground and do it quietly. When riding my E-MTB I carried my rifle in a padded rifle case diagonally across my back very comfortably and without the jarring it would have had on a bike mounted rack.

Most days were clear and sunny but the solar blanket & solar battery system worked well on partly cloudy days as well. This is far better than hauling a Honda generator and carrying cans of gas, not to mention the noise and fumes of a gas generator.. And remember, you can always justify the $1,700. cost of a solar blanket to you better half on "prepper" grounds that it will keep the fridge and her hair dryer running in a power outage. ;) Either way you still need that "solar" battery to charge E-MTBs.
I'll attach photos to this post soon.

I'm sure you can with a little ingenuity. My brother did on his Bakcou. I use a Montana Scabbard myself.

Lee,
I considered a handlebar rifle mount but felt it would shake the scope too much. Then I looked at the rear vertical mount and still felt it was too much bouncing for the scope. But it might work if the rifle was mounted barrel UPs bouncing would be in the same direction as recoil.

So my solution was to find a good quality (Allen Co.) padded rifle case that I could sling diagonally over my shoulder. That worked very well. If I fell I felt the rifle was protected enough by the well padded case that it ( (probably) would be OK in 90% of falls. So far no falls. Fingers crossed!

Recent Posts