my gun

jt77

Is a Savage axis 243 with a 1/10 twist tiped with a Vortex viper 3.5-10x50mm whats yours?.

I pickt up an axis for a light truck/carry gun in 25-06 last summer. The 25-06 barrel shot alright= MOA + or - but somehow the barrel magicly turned into a 6.5-284 Shaw barrel that is starting to show some promis with 140Amaxes and H4831sc.
A 16x IOR sits on it for now for load development but its likely to get a veriable powered mildot of some kind before hunting season.
Aught to make a good enough goat/deer getter???

I would use what ever I had in my hand at the time. That being said, I am going North on an elk/fire damage scouting trip Labor Day weekend. Taking the bow for deer and the Remington 788 243, 58 gr V-max bullets, to use on coyotes, wolves, and what nots.

I would use what ever I had in my hand at the time. That being said, I am going North on an elk/fire damage scouting trip Labor Day weekend. Taking the bow for deer and the Remington 788 243, 58 gr V-max bullets, to use on coyotes, wolves, and what nots.

Doing the same thing in a week or so except no bow stuff. Taking a 270 AM in the pack (pack will be on a 4 legged critter) and Sig 556 on the shoulder. Me thinks my trophy buck spot has been burned out. Have to go look to find out.

Designated Wolf rifle in front and designated elk rifle behind it. I would use a dam sling shot on one if it is what I had. but 10 rounds of 7.62x54r will probably work better. Elk dear and even bear get respect, wolves just get put down.

Still getting used to posting pics.

Attachments

• SAM_1470.jpg
    SAM_1470.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 85
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.