My girls Wy animal-lope hunt

Yes thanks for reply. We are thinking about the Thunder basin area south of Gillette. We know a few groups that hunt the area and have good luck. Now to figure out and start the whole PP thing.

Thanks for the instructions!
As WyoWinchester posted you definately need to plan in advance. First pick the general area you wish to hunt. Then call the game & fish office for that region and get a landowner list. Then start working the phone. Plan on making a lot of calls
before you actually get to talk to someone. Then most will be already booked with
repeat hunters. If you are persistent you can eventually find a place. Anyway that was my experience. The price will vary greatly from $100 - $500 or more per hunter for buck antelope. Depends on location and quality of hunting. Often doe will be free with a buck. This can be a great avenue to get a good place to hunt if you dont have preference points but expect to put forth some effort to find a place. If you happen to know someone local to the area that can help you it would probably be much easier. I had to do it the hard way this time but would expect it to be much easier next time since I now have history with this rancher. I still prefer public land if you can draw a good unit.
Hope this helps. Danny

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.