Wyoming Lope Trespass Fee?

Guys, I'm bran new to the forum and yours is the first that I have read. I'm a little surprised at the access question.
I live in the SW corner of the state and the majority of the land here is BLM, railroad or school sections and are open to hunting for anyone. I have never heard of anyone having to pay a fee to hunt any of the animals listed and we have wonderful numbers of critters. I went fishing on the Fontenelle this very morning and witnessed no less than several dozen antelope all across my travels of 200 miles over and back. Several nice bucks within 100 yds.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help or point out some of this area.
I put in for unit 100, is this in the area you live? I have 4 points and hope to draw this year

Yeah, I should have qualified that a little more....................without preference points, for antelope in Wyoming. But on reviewing most public land units stats published by Game and fish, the quota for non-residents without points is zero. And yes, it is coming to an end........we have seen the steady march from over the counter, to controlled hunt, to preference points, to max preference points, and it will continue. Because a non resident sees lope running wild on public land near Fontanelle does not mean they are available to hunt..........(example: doe tags in the 60's units....need 8 or 9 pref points) It may not happen in my lifetime, but it will in yours......you will need lots of preference points, and they cannot be accumulated very fast....good hunting.........FWB

Kenny .....last year non residents, with $600 applic, and 4 points had a 54.5% draw in unit 100..............I could not get the resident stats to load.........assume its a lot better.......hope you draw...................FW Bill

Yeah, I should have qualified that a little more....................without preference points, for antelope in Wyoming. But on reviewing most public land units stats published by Game and fish, the quota for non-residents without points is zero. And yes, it is coming to an end........we have seen the steady march from over the counter, to controlled hunt, to preference points, to max preference points, and it will continue. Because a non resident sees lope running wild on public land near Fontanelle does not mean they are available to hunt..........(example: doe tags in the 60's units....need 8 or 9 pref points) It may not happen in my lifetime, but it will in yours......you will need lots of preference points, and they cannot be accumulated very fast....good hunting.........FWB

IMHO you need to quit posting because you're so far off on about everything you say about Wyoming that it's ridiculous! As an example, you stated doe tags in unit 60 need 8 or 9 PPs to draw a tag. News flash buddy---Preference Points aren't even used in the doe antelope or doe deer or cow elk draws, as they are all at random with everyone having the same chance as the next guy! Also, about 20% of the total buck tags issued in each unit go to NRs and it depends on what unit you put in for as to how many PPs it might take for a 100% to draw. Yes, some of the premier units may take a lot of PPs, but the majority only take 3 or 4 and many only take 1 or 2 at most. You really need to know what you're talking about if you are going to try to give advice to others!

Topgun..........thanks for the reply. I re-read the drawing, and the odds for the last 5 years. There were no public land units for antelope that were not oversubscribed. One could not "buy" a tag and go hunt. One could apply, and maybe with enough points, hunt, maybe not. But my statement that you could not see antelope, as one member did, and suggest you hunt them. that can't happen. You are wrong. not public land.
As to the doe and fawn, I mis read type 2 and 6 and 7 as doe hunts. I was wrong. Thanks for clarifying.
And hunting 1999-2017 every year on public land antelope, you obviously do know what you're doing. I believe that........hope the luck continues........FWB

This from the Wyom Game and Fish website is what confused me:

Doe/Fawn drawing odds (unit 63, my choice) quota 67 first choice applicants 367
FWB

Attachments

• IMG_1608.jpg
    IMG_1608.jpg
    979.4 KB · Views: 145
FWB---You really need to quit posting about Wyoming because it's very obvious that you are not up to speed on anything regarding the state and it's draw system after reading two more of your posts you put up last night since I posted. First off, Type 1 and 2 tags are generally male or either sex tags, while Type 6 & 7 are doe tags. There are many units that have more tags in the initial draw than applicants for those tags, which is very contrary to what you stated saying that all were oversubscribed! Furthermore, Wyoming has never had an OTC system for antelope, deer, or elk for NRs so that statement you made about just buying a tag and going hunting has always been that way because all are on a draw basis for either sex tags that uses points, while female tags are drawn at random and don't use points. The number you put up in your last post regarding doe tags for unit 63 was for the second draw that was held last year. In the past all the leftover tags after the initial draw were on a first come first serve basis. Now there is a second draw for those tags and if any are left after that draw they go on sale like years previous to 2017. If you knew the system, you would have gone to the initial draw odds section which shows that unit 63-7 had 215 tags available for NRs and only 116 first choice applicants. Therefore, all of those applicants drew tags, as well as everyone that had it as their second or third choices. That left the 67 tags for the second leftover draw you posted that had the 367 first choice applicants, so obviously a lot of them didn't get those tags. However, a lot of them may have already had some tags because you can get 2 in the initial draw and 2 more after that in the second draw or as leftovers after the two draws for a total of 4 tags per person. You really do a disservice to those that don't know the system by posting all this incorrect information even though I know you're trying to help others!

Last edited:
You actually can get Wyoming private land access for a reasonable fee in premier areas. I know at least 1 "Easton Blue Chip" area you can draw with minimal points and get access to to great private ground for $900 or guided for less than $3000. Doe/fawn tags are also 100%. Sorry I didn't see this thread be for the application deadline.

Thanks Wyodog.................although all public land units that I was interested in were heavily oversubscribed......as I noted......several members here directed me toward private land units where trespass fees were do-able. I found fees were 500 to 1100..called a lot..some suggested that they would be $3000, but that actually is more than the fully guided hunts, so that was not correct...fortunately. Some suggested buy doe tags over the counter, but the process changed 2 years ago(according to Lydia WGF)....so your recommendation is the only one suitable for me....and I did it!! Got access for a fair fee. A few things still need to fall into place, but we are goin' huntin'...thanks to all that posted...right or wrong...it all helped..FWB

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.