My Girlfriends first deer

Kinda figured it was you.**** nice to hear from you.Been a long time.How are things "On The Hill"?...And yes i have.Matter of fact it took a nice bear this year at 750 yards.And two nice doe at 475 in a youth mentor hunt a while back...

I'll be dang, Boyd and Darrel, always wondered where you two disappeared to. Many different forms later but nice to see you still around. You two are part of the group that got me into this great activity. Thanks. Dave

Thanks Joel and Budman for the kind words.
Been awhile for me on the forums.
Had a bout with prostate cancer and had the radiation seeds placed in the prostate in 2009. PSA tests are looking good so far.

Been shooting the 1000 yard matches at Ridgeway and having a ball doing so.
10 crows at 850 yards, 10 groundhogs at 900 yards, 10 Bobcats at 950 yards and 10 coyotes at 1000 yards. Lots of shooting and you can use your spotter to call shots. it's just like you and your Longrange partner out LR huning. More fun then any LR match I ever attended. About 80 shooters plus every match.

You guys should try it sometime. Williamsport Light gun rules apply. Take about 55 rounds with you which gives you 3 sighter shots in two minutes per bank of animals.
Great match and well run.

Glad the PSA tests are looking good, keep up the good spirit.

I've been wanting to shoot that Ridgeway match for a few years now, but just can't seem to put it all together.. I heard it was a blast. Quit shooting Williamsport due to the people, absolute boredom, and the fact that slinging 10 down range as fast as you can does not make you a good shooter... I started the steel plate shoots, and the mile matches to fill in the gap.

Maybe we can all plan a shoot at Ridgeway this coming year, and Boyd can buy the ice cream.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply Joel

Come to one match and you will be hooked like a big carp.
I understand the feeling at Williamsport.
The way the Ridgeway club bagan their matches was------4 officers went to Williamsport for a match. None of the 4 won their relays hence they shot their 10 rounds for match plus a few sighters and then all 4 went home.
They said, there has to be more to a match then driveing this far and only shooting 10 shots for record. they came up with a 40 round for record match plus sighters and it is catching on big time.
I have been shooting with Kevin Cram, John Mason and Shane Walton plus there children and having a ball. Johns friend just broke the record at the last match of the year by downing 36 out of 40 animals. That record will hold for awhie as it's **** hard to knock down 15 or 20 of the steel animals.
They take a break after two relays have been fired for lunch. A caterer comes in and you can get all you want at a price of $6.00 or $7.00.
Starts at 10AM and lasts till about 3:30pm
I'll get more details for 2013 but they usually have matches the first Sunday of every month starting in April and lasting till Oct.

Boyd would love to buy the ice cream again.

Have to admit though, the last year we shot for ice cream I bought alot of them. I think Boyd went into the Hall Of Fame that year.

Joel/Boyd,

If you guys are interested in shooting it your welcome to stay with us at the cabin before the shoot so you don't have to drive so far the day of the shoot.

It's about 40 min drive from our cabin to the range.

Boyd would love to buy the ice cream again.

Have to admit though, the last year we shot for ice cream I bought alot of them. I think Boyd went into the Hall Of Fame that year.
I would have no problem buying either of you guys ice cream..And i had a pretty good year that year.Think i gained 20 pounds...lol.......Thanks for the offer Judd.Might take you up on that some day

Okay, you guys peaked my interest.. I checked out the rules of the Varmint Benchrest Silhouette matches and wondering what caliber and configuration most guys are shooting in the 12lb and under class.
Without knowing how thick the steel is, are the 6mm's able to knock over the yote at 1K?

With a good hit yes.

Some BR and PPC's are being used.

Also some 6x47 lapuas being used.

I've hit yotes low and barely knocked off with my dakota lol

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.