My first deer

Way to go Kirby! If I scroll down from your picture it looks like your either planning on packing it out on a homemade go-cart or with a combine.

Congrats on your first deer. Let's here some of the story.

Way to go Kirby! If I scroll down from your picture it looks like your either planning on packing it out on a homemade go-cart or with a combine.

That's pretty funny...

Nice going Kirby, you've already one uped me as all I've shot is whitetails.

Well my uncle, grandpa, and I all went hunting during the Montana resident youth season this year. We hunted, and chased, all of the whitetails in the river bottom out. After we got back to the truck at about 9:00 A.M. we went across the road to a BMA (Block Management Area, the best landowner system in the world) where we parked the truck and walked down an old 2 track road. About 200 yards down the road we saw a buck and a doe. They did their little bound away from people thing, but then they stopped and continued walking. I went prone, waiting for them to come out in to the clearing. When they did the doe started bounding again, but the buck kept walking. I then shot a 318 yard shot with my pre '64 Model 70 in .243. Hit him right in the heart, lungs, and then the shot broke his shoulder in pieces where the bullet stopped. We then had a 400 yard downhill drag back to the truck.http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.