my first dura-coat project

B Jordan

this is a 300 rum i built for one of my friends and the first dura-coat i have used seemed like it turned out great just hope it is tuff

also want to put a plug in for shawn and his muzzle break it works great on this rifle and i also have one on my 7mm wsm and both rifles have very little kick and little to no muzzle rise
Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
let us know how she shoots!

[/ QUOTE ]
he wanted to shoot 160-180 grn bullets out of it so i loaded up a few 165 btips i had around we found about where the rifle was starting to get a little warm i think it was 102grn retumbo and shot 2 three shot groups that avged 3655fps i shot one that was around .4 and he shot one that measured .291 which he said was the best group of his life
i am very anxious to work up a load for it when he gets some time

[ QUOTE ]
Brian did you teflon coat that bolt?

[/ QUOTE ]

no just put tape around the locking lug area removed the shroud and dura-coated it seems to work very smooth and dont gum up

NICE.... what sort of spray setup did you use? How about reducer or any other additives? Thanks for the info.... I am going to order the stuff soon.

[ QUOTE ]
what sort of spray setup did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]
i used a cheap airbrush from midway it comes with a air compresser attachment
[ QUOTE ]
How about reducer or any other additives?

[/ QUOTE ]
i used a very small amount of reducer probably did not have to but i was having a pressure problem and thought the paint was to thick but ended up being a plugged hose

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.