My Curtis Vector Build

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmcmath, Nov 21, 2018.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Tidus56

Tidus56 Well-Known Member

Yeah mine will have a 223, 22 Creed, 25 SST, 6mm Creed, and a 6.5 creed. I will have 2 stocks. An EH-1 and a smaller style stock for my short barrels and light barrels. I am doing a second switch. I think it will be on an SR3 big horn with the Wyatts cut for the longer coal. I will have a 28 Nosler, 280 AI, 30-06 and if I can make an 338 edge work I will. I already have a lot of these cartridges on Savage setups so already all set up to shoot. I am sure it will change a bit though. Waiting for the wife to finish doctor school so she can foot the bill lol.

2. jmcmath

jmcmath Well-Known Member

Very cool
    That’s the dream right there.

I’m also very interested in a long action magnum build. A 28 Nosler/338 Norma improved would fit well in the safe. We will see, hoping to not start another build before filling out this one.

Tidus56 likes this.
  3. Defiance7mm

Defiance7mm Well-Known Member

After seeing this build I sold my custom 300 NM and have 6.5 SAUM build in the works. Did a Vector with a 7.5 twist proof carbon, KRG Bravo chassis. Should be fairly light for hunting 20190406_171737.jpg 20190406_172055.jpg

Tidus56, highdrum and jmcmath like this.
  4. jmcmath

That’s awesome! Glad to be a good influence.

Had I been more experienced in reloading I likely would have done a SAUM, as it is I’m enjoying the PRC and using it to learn to load on. Keep me updated on yours! Awesome actions, running the bolt is addicting.

Defiance7mm likes this.
  5. Defiance7mm

Defiance7mm Well-Known Member

Will do, my barrel is at my buddies being spun up now. I love how smooth the Vector runs! I have both .308 and mag bolts for it. Going to get a MPA chassis and a 6 Creed barrel for matches. The ease of swapping barrels and a bolt sold me

6. highdrum

highdrum Well-Known Member

@jmcmath how do you like the Curtis actions? I'm going to build a 25 creedmoor/7mm ss switch barrel on a bravo stock. Was entertaining the idea of a bighorn origin or Curtis axiom. I know the axion is a step down from vector, but other than machined on rail and lug, they're very similar.

jmcmath and Tidus56 like this.
  7. Tidus56

Tidus56 Well-Known Member

She will be done in October, so pretty soon here.

jmcmath likes this.
  8. jmcmath

Love it, would do the Curtis again every day of the week if I had to build the rifle over again. The manners is the only thing on the build I’m not in love with.

It’s pretty likely my long action will be on a Helix whenever it happens. They feel great, they run great and I can call/text the owners if I have an issue or question. Customer service is nuts. Longest I’ve waited on a callback from Joel was a whopping 15 minutes.

Edit* As many have likely seen now Joel Russo is no longer affiliated with CC. I feel it necessary to state that all of my communication and business was conducted through Joel. This is not to say that CS would not be good without Joel, as I have none to speak of. It is important to me that I note that none of my CS comments are applicable without Joel being present.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  9. jmcmath

Anyone wanting this stock PM me, it'll hit the classifieds soon. J allen on the way.