My Benelli Sbe 2 sucks

This isn't a thread you will see too often, never had a problem with mine. Cycles everything I've tried.
Did have some cycling issues with lighter trap loads in an M2 years back.

Mine jammed after shooting a few boxes of dove loads, turned my arm green on a dove field, then shot off my left shoulder, turned that arem green also from recoil. Load was Remington 1 oz field loads doing 1300. I traded it for a Beretta 391...good trade! The 391 has NEVER jammed.

Mine jammed after shooting a few boxes of dove loads, turned my arm green on a dove field, then shot off my left shoulder, turned that arem green also from recoil. Load was Remington 1 oz field loads doing 1300. I traded it for a Beretta 391...good trade! The 391 has NEVER jammed.
Hold the gun to your shoulder.......no "green arm" and the gun will most likely cycle.

I'm a stoeger m3000/3500 fan.
Uses the best of benneli m2 & m3 designs....my only beef with it is that no matter what shims I use, it's a cheek slapper, so I added the thin Beretta gel-tek stick on cheek pad.
I can shoot Clay's all day and more turkey loads than I like to spend $ on.
It's never jammed on me clean or dirty and has always functioned with any load( even cheepo wally world light loads) from day one.

I got mine on a black Friday sale for about $450 for one of the camo versions-- hard to beat... my daughter runs a Tristar viper g2 20ga (was about 400) and it has been a rock solid performer also -- never a hiccup. Both were built in turkey-- I can't complain about the functionality or price of either one .

I get a kick out of this sbe sucks thread. Probably one of the only things on earth with a 10 year warranty, and instead of using it, it's easier to **** and moan about how no good Benelli is.
I've shot the Benelli's... I went with a sx2 and Citori hunter... both with 3.5" chambers... I don't like shotty's that jamb; I had a Browning gold 3.5" that cured me on jamb happy guns...

I had a sbe and a sbe 2 and they both got the crap shot out of them and in some pretty adverse conditions duck hunting. I also shot trap with them off and on. I'd say 6000 plus rounds in each one. The only issue I had was in the break in shooting low brass after that they were smooth and dependable. My dog passed and sold them after that. Now I have another dog and just using my cynergy o/u. If I got into hitting the ducks and geese hard again I'd probably buy another sbe 2

Had an SBE2 for 5-6 yrs, no real issues with it, odd jam, nothing serious, usually only ocurred on straight up or back and over shots from not clearing fast enough.. Still have an A300, it doesn't seem any better or worse, only use it when snows are around, use a SxS the rest of the time.

SBE 1 is what I had, tight chamber, and would start jamming after two boxes of Dove loads. The light weight gun kicked my teeth out...dang!

Went to beretta's, happy camper ever since.

Lesson learned: Inertia Recoil is a LOT more felt recoil than Gas operated anything. Stock design did nothing for recoil, a bunch of BS!

I have SBEII, use it to Goose and Duck Hunt and occasionally Helicopter hog hunting, great shotgun for those purposes, I can tell you what it wont do as well, cheap low brass 7.5 does not have enough inertia to make the shot gun cycle consistently, clean or dirty. So dove hunting and upland birds will never have to worry about this shot gun hurling a pattern at them! Luckily, I always take 2 shotguns bird hunting!

The only issue I had was in the break in shooting low brass after that they were smooth and dependable
I think this is common in all inertia operated shotguns. Some seem to cycle low brass well after only a box or two of high brass and others take much more of the heaviest loads available.
It's tough for any 3.5" shotgun to reliably cycle low brass dove loads.

I know some may view this as sacrilege, but I don't mind. Back in the day I borrowed a friends SBE1 and 2 and liked the way they shot. I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a shotgun based on the small amount of waterfowling I did. Fast forward 30+ years and after much research and review reading, I decided to buy my first semi auto shotgun. My Remington 21" 870 Special Field has served me well since I bought it new in 1984. It was THE ideal gun for northern Minnesota Ruffed Grouse hunting. I now live in western South Dakota and my hunting has changed dramatically. Pheasants, Turkey, Sharptail Grouse and Doves comprise my bird hunting each spring and fall. Now that Benelli's inertia drive patent has worn off, there are a number of copies on the market. I chose the Girsan MC312, a Benelli clone that is made in Turkey. I followed much of the advice in the reviews and did the initial break-in using high brass 2-3/4" shells with a minimum velocity of 1300fps. I also added an aftermarket recoil pad as the stock one is a bit hard. I still have not had a single failure after this past fall season. It cycled hundreds of 1oz dove loads flawlessly and I shot a box of 3.5" shells during pheasant season as well as my normal 3" fodder with no problems. There's no question it kicks with heavy loads, but it points well and cycles amazing. Bottom line, I really like it!! I think I paid around $320 shipped when I bought it this past summer. Unbelievable good value and bang for your buck!

I've got the latest SBE3, no Benelli click, cycles everything I've put into it, comes with 10 yrs warranty.

Also have a Beretta A300 and 686, I like the SBE3 the most.