My Benelli Sbe 2 sucks

SBE'S came into fame back when you could hide a 4th shell under the carrier. They became the "Arkansas Purdy" and became very popular. Those in the know would spend another $7-800 on them before hunting with them. Thats what it costs to get them to function and shoot straight. Since the FWS made them fix the defect with the SBE2 no one shoots them anymore. They kick, break, and parts are hard to get and expensive. They still don't shoot straight or pattern well from the factory.

I agree I own several SBE guns and my latest SBE II I started using this year jams constantly. I have done everything and it has cost me ducks. Also every SBE II and SBE III I own all have loose forends, and it is BS. I grab an older Remington 1187 and I have no loose forend. I am going to cut his latest one loose.

Old post but just throwing this out there for fun. IMO the best buy out there in a 3-1/2" auto is the Winchester SuperX4. At around $800 it is a real steal. Takes a couple of flats to really break in and get 100% reliable, so you must be patient. Also, at twice the price the best auto period is the Beretta Extrema, If you can make it fit you. It also takes at least a flat to break in. Just the way it is.

I made this post a long time ago, but I have since been shooting the Browning Maxus and it has yet to have a single hiccup. I absolutely love the Maxus and will never look into another Benelli, or perhaps another inertia operated shotgun again.

I made this post a long time ago, but I have since been shooting the Browning Maxus and it has yet to have a single hiccup. I absolutely love the Maxus and will never look into another Benelli, or perhaps another inertia operated shotgun again.
The Maxus is the exact same gun internally as the SX4. Just $1300 instead of $800. Yes they are also a very nice gun with a completely different feel and stock than the SX4. Shoot and operate the same though and many parts will interchange. I have had both. I prefer the stock on the Winchester, but it is purely personal. They are both fine guns.

Or let me know and I'll buy it hshshhshhs
Hahaha that Benelli is long gone. The A5 I said I loved 5 years ago also was plagued with issues as well after I began using it more. Browning ended up sending me the Maxus Wicked Wing as a replacement after I sent the A5 back to the factory twice. I went through a really rough patch trying to get a waterfowl shotgun that worked.

Old post but just throwing this out there for fun. IMO the best buy out there in a 3-1/2" auto is the Winchester SuperX4. At around $800 it is a real steal. Takes a couple of flats to really break in and get 100% reliable, so you must be patient. Also, at twice the price the best auto period is the Beretta Extrema, If you can make it fit you. It also takes at least a flat to break in. Just the way it is.
The SX4 is an awesome performer. Chased roosters last Sunday in -5F temps and the gun ran flawlessly. I did run a SBEII for a year, but it never really sang to me. No malfunctions and I hit fine with it, just seemed like I had to think to shoot it. With a BPS or Super X I hardly notice I brought it up and shot until I'm stuffing more shells in it.

I'll throw this out there for all you SBE fans. Did you know the Remington Versamax Waterfowl is a short stroke gas gun that operates just like the SBE1? Yes, I'm telling you it is a low recoil gas gun with the same feeding and decocker. Yes, you can hide a 4th shell under the carrier just like the old Benelli's. Yes it shoots straight. Mine has never jammed unless it was clean. I have used it every day for the entire season guiding with out cleaning or oiling it. My youngest daughter confiscated it from me. Now I only see it when she shows up for a hunt. Haven't seen one for sale in awhile, but would buy another in a heartbeat.

I'll Throw this out there too. 3-1/2" loads are incredibly dirty, sticky, and gummy. Problems always show up on the very belt days. Cold, Wet and Gloomy. I use CLP on my guns. Spray it on and then try and wipe off every bit I can with paper towels. Seems to do the job. Just enough lube. Anyone who has found better, I'm in learning mode.....