My bad experience MPI STOCKS

My buddy wanted the ultra LW thumbhole stock. I contacted MPI stocks. The gal said she is the owner. I told her what my buddy wanted and that he needed the rifle back before the 1st weekend of February. She stated she was able to do that no problem. She stated the finished stock bedded to the stock by them would be shipped on January 10th if I got her the rifle to her that week and maid the deposit. I had it to her in two days on the 2nd week of December. He paid the half down of $600 of time of ordering. I told her what stock and length off pull and the need for a very stiff stock, especially the forend to guarantee the barrel would always be Free floated for Shooting LR with a Atlas bipod. She stated the forend will be very stiff and guaranteed the the barrel will be FREE floated and he will think it's the best LR stock he has ever owned. I called and had to leave a message on 1/23/18. Wanting to know where the rifle was and why Gary had not received a envoice or any communication. Received a call from the Gall (the owner) the next week. She said she was at a shot show or safari show. She did nothing but make excuses on how she was gone, and out getting business. She stated she is headed back and will get the stock out the next Monday. That didn't happen!
Called again this last Thursday. (She)the owner stated again she was at a show again and headed back to the shop over the weekend. She stated the only thing needed was to do the paint job and she did that her self. She stated she guarenteed to do it Monday and the rifle will ship Tuesday. She called me Tuesday to ask what color he wanted. I had already told her at time of ordering. She stated she will paint it and then ship it Wednesday.
Well got the stock. The barrel touches the stock when sitting on a rear bag and a Bipod. The forend is super flimsy. I called her today. I got some really stupid excuses. One being. The stock is suppose to be that way, that barrels are supposed to touch at different points under firing. I can go on!!!! If you can't tell I'm mad. Anyway she did nothing but lie to me and gave Gary a ------ stock that I have to take to a gunsmith to fix with opening up the barrel Chanel and reinforce with carbon fiber rods. Will cost another $250-$350. Almost forgot. Still have not received a envoice. The owner stated her computer isn't working and she will email me the envoice when we hung up today. That was at 4 today. Big surprise. No envoice.

What ever you do. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MPI STOCKS.

I am sorry you had trouble. I called tried calling MPI today to get a price on a stock. The web sight is down, the phone # is disconnected. I was able to hunt down Doc daughter Lisa. What happened was this.Doc passed away his widow inherited the business. She new next to nothing about running a business and even less about the gun business. She was handling the front office and taking orders and managing the money. Doc's daughter Lisa who has been working and managing the shop for 30 years ,tried to keep things working. Her stepmom would not cooperate and did not provide the support that the staff need to keep things going. Things went to hell in a hand basket. Lisa left the business. MPI is now out of business. Lisa moved to another state and has started her own company. They just got up and running, new web site and phone #. She named the company in honor of doc." MPI custom Stocks." I own a 1/2 dozen of their stocks , never had any problems with them. I always finish them my self.The only other bitching I heard about MPI was when someone ordered a gunsmith grade blank and did not have the skills to finish it. I sorry you had problems. I know DOC and Lisa to be good people . You just gave them a order as a well established business a order as it was failing

JDD
I understand the dynamics of the situation of what was going on at that time now. But. The fact remains. To this day, Lisa has never tried to resolve my issue. Even with my multiple attempts trying to get this matter resolved. All I know is I will never do business with her again!
I will continue to people what happened when asked.

Brian

I am sorry you had trouble. I called tried calling MPI today to get a price on a stock. The web sight is down, the phone # is disconnected. I was able to hunt down Doc daughter Lisa. What happened was this.Doc passed away his widow inherited the business. She new next to nothing about running a business and even less about the gun business. She was handling the front office and taking orders and managing the money. Doc's daughter Lisa who has been working and managing the shop for 30 years ,tried to keep things working. Her stepmom would not cooperate and did not provide the support that the staff need to keep things going. Things went to hell in a hand basket. Lisa left the business. MPI is now out of business. Lisa moved to another state and has started her own company. They just got up and running, new web site and phone #. She named the company in honor of doc." MPI custom Stocks." I own a 1/2 dozen of their stocks , never had any problems with them. I always finish them my self.The only other bitching I heard about MPI was when someone ordered a gunsmith grade blank and did not have the skills to finish it. I sorry you had problems. I know DOC and Lisa to be good people . You just gave them a order as a well established business a order as it was failing
JDD, I am sorry to bother you, but I have a rifle in MPI having a stock made. I have not been able to reach Lisa for months. Can you help me get in touch with her?

https://mpicustomstocks.com/

EMAIL : [email protected]

FACEBOOK : MPI CUSTOM FIBERGLASS STOCKS

INSTAGRAM : mpicustomstocks

Contact information:

Shipping address: 12404 NE 72nd Ave. Vancouver, WA 98686

Phone: 360-205-7633

TOLL FREE : 866-265-6961 FAX : 360-227-7430

There you go, everything you need to place an order or contact the company.

And please bear in mind that some of us actually lived through the period of time when Doc's quality control was pretty shaky. I know nothing about Lisa or her business so I can't comment one way or the other.

Enjoy!

:)