My 300 Ultra

bigg_sexy1

First anniversary gift from the wife.

100_1574.jpg

300 RUM Sendero

img48.jpg

With a SSG 10* V port brake, but before the Vortex scope.

You are a lucky man there! I've got the 10th anniversary coming up, don't think I'll be getting anything hunting related.

But that doesn't mean I won't treat myself to anything though. :D

Yes I am a very lucky fellow, for our 2nd aniversary she got me a CZ 452 Varmit 22lr.

Actually, furthest I have shot so far is 600yds just the other day. My buddy and I were out hunting and stopped for a coffee on a point that he wanted to show me for future shooting sessions. I ranged a few rocks across a canyon at 580 and 600. Set my pack down and put a coat down for a rear rest settled and used my best "I think that I need to hold here" calculation and let er rip. Cranked the rock dead center, see the big puff of "smoke" in the scope and the hear the report. Awsome I loved it. Lined up on the 600 yd rock same thing, bang, smoke, smack. Super cool, my first 3 "longish" shots 3 dead center hits using a duplex reticle and hold over.

we are unbelievably lucky our boys are great, no colick or any thing they just seem to be happy all the time.

Nice rig, I have an original Sendero in 300 RUM and although I don't shoot it much these days, I could never part with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.