Muzzle Brakes- What works?

Very interesting and well written. In his opinion the best brake is made by Darrell Holland, our newest Sponsor:

"Darrel Holland's Ultra brake is IMO the most effective brake on the market. It does everything right!"

Holland Shooter Supply

I checked Holland's web site to take a look at his "Ultra Brake" but couldn't find it. The only brake that I saw was the "Qick Discharge' (QD) brake which has been available for many years.

??????????????????????????????

Put an accubrake (weatherby's muzzlebrake) on my wby mk v ultra lightweight in 300 wby mag and the recoil is like a 243. I shot it without the brake and what an unbelievable difference. I dont notice the noise but those next to me at the range notice it's bark....

30-06 Imp. loads

I found a good deal on H-414, which is great for 30-06. Since I have a Mauser 98 in 30-06 Ackley. I would like to know if you folks have any really good loads for the 30-06 Imp. using H414. In any bullet weight.

Merry Christmas

Sogman

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.