muzzle brake or suppressor?

Johandre

Hi guys

Just want to know what works best for long range shooting. I currently have a reflex suppressor on my rifle. thinking of getting a muzzle brake on it. what works best for long range?

Hi guys

Just want to know what works best for long range shooting. I currently have a reflex suppressor on my rifle. thinking of getting a muzzle brake on it. what works best for long range?

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Hopefully Roe will chime in; he does a lot of LR hunting and shooting with a suppressor. He has awesome videos of them too!

Last edited:
I shoot several calibers suppresed, not sure about all makes, but the thunder beast suppresors I use do not seem to effect accuracy at all. I was a little worried about hanging that much weight on the end of the barrel. I have shot one on a 338 norma out to 1200 yds and once the rifle is sighted in with the suppresor you can take it off and put it back on without your zero shifting. More weight and length, but to me it was worth it to get rid of the muzzle blast. Sounds more like a 22 mag now. Recoil reduction was about the same as a muzzle brake.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.