Muzzle brake for sporter weight rifle ???

dlebeck

Ok, I am building a Remington 700 in 300win mag. This will be my carry gun for Elk, Mule's and such. Currently I have a heavy barrel in 300win mag with a brake. I want to put a brake on the carry gun too. Does not have to be a slim line, but that would be nice. Any comments will be welcomed.

if their is any chance that your muzzel will be closer than about 2 feet from the ground when firing then I would recomend a baffel style like the Holland or Defensive Edge I had my paws on one of the coolest looking brake I have ever seen the other day made by Nate Dagley (308nate here) and looking at the desgine it looks to be very effective due to the larger surface area of the baffels. I think this is the brake that I'll be using from now on

No I don't really get the recoil when hunting. But I do alot of shooting during the year with my hunting rifles and I have really come to love those **** muzzle brakes. In fact, just got my 375H&H back and WOW, what a ***** cat she is now.

JD, thanks, that's good advice! I have been looking at the DE brake and I think I am going to try one. By the way, I just have to ask, are you JDJone of SSK fame??

Doug

Nope I'm not the same guy just lucky enough to have the same initals I guess ,i never even thought about it till sombody asked me here.

Do a search for 308 nate he is a member here and a jam up gunsmith that has desgined his own brake he has a link to his web page under his name , his brake desgine is very good looks pretty cool to and the cost is more than reasonable.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.