Muzzle brake builder?

Yes, my Tikka does have a pencil bbl. and want minimal weight added. So, will look at the titanium option. MTG

We also make a two port brake that tapers to .750" with a self timing nut. Super simple install. Barely adds an inch to your barrel and barely an ounce overall.

livetohunt, does not necessarily need to be titanium. But, my pencil bbl. Tikka measures .620 at the muzzle. An added couple of ounces would not be an issue. I am looking for recoil reduction as my loads will be 160 Nosler Accubonds, 168 Berger's etc. I am researching all options. Have not made a decision as yet and will consider your brakes. MTG

Gotta put my $0.02 in here. I'm 71 and have a serious hearing loss between hotrods, loud machinery in the navy and loud tools in the Shipyard. I've had muzzle brakes since the old Shakul brake, at least 45 years. Today my 338 RUM will give me a concussion headache after 8 shots from the bench but shoot like a pussycat. Hearing loss is real and irreversible. For that reason my new 300 NMI and 270 WSM will both be hunted with suppressors. It helps with both the recoil and noise. I cannot recommend the same thing highly enough to everyone! By one big enough for the biggest gun you shoot and fit it to the rest. You'll never look back. You'll look forward to the next supressor!

Hock, thanks for the important information. My hearing is minimal at best. I always wear hearing protection prior to pulling the trigger. My days in the U.S. Navy around jets, prop driver aircraft and during my career building power plants during my career has added much to my hearing loss. I am 75 and again always wear hearing protection prior to pulling the trigger. My Tikka is very light and my load development will be with 160-168 grain Bullets. It is going to be a rocking adventure.
Yes, you are correct in advising all to wear hearing protection but do not want a suppressor. Thanks you for your service to our country. MTG

Tried several different brake makers from small production to large production. Nathan makes incredible brakes and I have several from 3 to 5 port. Great service and I have him taper and time to the rifle. Dead nuts every single time with just sending in the marked cap. Ordering another 3 port next week as soon as the new rifle shows up.

But, my pencil bbl. Tikka measures .620 at the muzzle. An added couple of ounces would not be an issue. I am looking for recoil reduction as my loads will be 160 Nosler Accubonds, 168 Berger's etc. I am researching all options. Have not made a decision as yet and will consider your brakes. MTG
1670210600624.png

1670210624290.png

My 7MM SAUM has .580" at the barrel. Contact Nathan; he will provide you with the best option for your barrel. Good Luck!

OK, thank you all for the information. I purchased a Tikka, SS, " superlight" model in 7MM Remington Magnum. Rifle weighs in at around 6.5#. Very light and is gonna rock me with handloaded Nosler 160 Accubonds. The muzzle bbl. diameter is .620 on a 24.3" in length. Small and light. But need a thumper for mountain work. So, have been looking at all recommended and want options. What think you ? MTG
I would send Nathan an email detailing all your information , bullet weight , powder charge barrel diameter and length . he will know what is best for your set up . I "THINK" you can buy to much brake and actually not reduce recoil as much as the proper brake would.

as previously mentioned , watch a few of his video's comparing brakes , his is at , or near the top .

give him a little time to respond . he is a big time hunter that often hunts out of state .

I would send Nathan an email detailing all your information , bullet weight , powder charge barrel diameter and length . he will know what is best for your set up . I "THINK" you can buy to much brake and actually not reduce recoil as much as the proper brake would.
I dont know your recoil reduction/barrel length wants. I purchased three 5 ports for a 300WM, 28N, 338Edge, and for me they are more than I need. The 300WM is a HB practice rifle so that does not really matter much. The 28N is 8.5#, and Edge is 9.5# ready to hunt, and a four port would been just fine. Three port will be ordered in the next week or so to compare it.