MPA or Magpul Pro?

MPA or Magpul PRO

• Total voters

isu600rr

Hello all,

So i had the chance to put my hands on both chassis systems at the NRA convention a couple of weeks ago. Magpul had a good set up and i was able to get a good look at it.
The MPA chassis i was able to look at what people had on the "Show " rifles so it was all ready set up since MPA wasn't on site.

I'm having a hard time deciding which way to go.. both seem like quality and i see that alot use the MPA for PRS etc..
Can i get peoples opinions please.

I've got a bunch of the MPA chassis's, and I absolutely love them. I've looked at the Magpul, but all the plastic doesn't do much for me. I know it's a quality chassis, and people I know who have them like them, but it just doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. The MPA's are a solid platform, great color options, fit many different actions, and have tons of adjustments and availability of additional accessories like weight kits and bipod adapters. Just seems a no brainer to me.

I've got an mpa, Christensen MPR, and a havak bravo for chassis stocks. I also have mcmillan, adg, manners conventional stocks. If you want a stock that is a chassis, but feels/ergos with a chassis, but is light weight, I recommend the bravo for all around target/hunting use. Strictly competing, go with the MPA comp.

isu600rr,

This question falls under the heading of "User Defined Action" where you tell us what uses you have in mind to subject this stock to. Without this information it's really just undefined opinions.

I either own or have owned just about every chassis there is. I've also made a couple just because I wanted the experience. I have found that each and every one available today is a compromise of one sort or another so your job is to sort out the pros and cons of each chassis to decide which is the least compromising for the uses you have in mind. Use a simple spread sheet or just a check list if the spread sheet is too complex. It takes all the memory and fussing out of the decision making.

My all-time favorite chassis for nearly every type of shooting is the APO Saber MRCS Carbon Fiber MOD-1. I compete and hunt with this stock style using several barreled actions. Yes, it's a little heavier than some folks like but I don't need a lightweight rifle. It is simply the most comfortable adjustable chassis I've found.

For less money and lighter weight I like the XLRs in a couple versions.

I look for 3 basic factors:
- folding stock
- longer forearm
- adjustable fit

I find the short forearms to be stupid because not all of us dream of being an FBI sniper using 20" barrels. The balance stinks and it's really a reflection on where the manufacturer can cut costs by saving material and machine time. Wrong answer when you're charging $1,000.00 for a chassis.:eek:

The folding stock is my giving in to making carrying and packing a little more simple. Shorter cases are far easier to find and pack when using a folder.;)

Anyway, when you get around to it, let us know some more information regarding your use and we can make some suggestions.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.