Mounts and Rings

I was not the one that made the bold statement or tooted any horn for any debate. I know quite a few folks here that does the same but never make such a claim.

Perhaps you're wasting you're time here; there's an extreme LR forum for peeps like you but they are mostly very nice and easy going and recognizes their humble beginnings.

Claims from big companies especially GA Precision who makes tackdriving rifles swears by heavy duty rings, its a good read for you FEENIX. Everyone has a preference and whether its a tack driving rifle or a hunting rifle and I chose heavy duty rings because of one purpose, and the answer can be read on GA Precision's website. I am sure GA is not the only one who makes such claims, but many rifle competitors, gunsmiths and long range hunters swear by them. Before I end this post, it's about preference.

oQIsEx8.jpg

I was not the one that made the bold statement or tooted any horn for any debate. I know quite a few folks here that does the same but never make such a claim.

Perhaps you're wasting you're time here; there's an extreme LR forum for peeps like you but they are mostly very nice and easy going and recognizes their humble beginnings.lightbulb

Everyone has a preference and whether its a tack driving rifle or a hunting rifle and I chose heavy duty rings

Before I end this post, it's about preference.

I totally agree and if you led and stayed with that mindset as noted above, the end result would have been different.

So what I gather from this is that there are several rings that will support and hold the scopes. Not a name brand kinda guy that everything has to be named. I don't mind spending $$$ on quality when it's definitely better. But what I gather is Burris and leupolds are both good. I know NF are good so I'm glad y'all chimed in. Thank you very much!!!!

I use Burris Signature ZEE rings for all of my scopes. No ring marks, and NO scope slippage. I use them on everything from 300 Weatherby to .223 including my 12 guage slug gun. No problems at all...
I'm not going to post any target pics, because I don't care to. :D

I don't have dog in this hunt, and I don't know either party involved in this debate. However, as an outsider, it appears to me that Tackdriv3r tried,at least once, to disengage from this. Like a lot of others have stated, drop the egos and let it pass. NO ONE participating in this wants to see anyone get the last word.

I don't have dog in this hunt, and I don't know either party involved in this debate. However, as an outsider, it appears to me that Tackdriv3r tried,at least once, to disengage from this. Like a lot of others have stated, drop the egos and let it pass. NO ONE participating in this wants to see anyone get the last word.

Are you serious? He's the one that took it pass the forum and find the need to PM me, which led me to post ...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/must-see-shut-up-learn-best-170237/

and later followed by ...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/poor-manners-170243/index2.html

Why don't you let it drop!? You have any idea how silly you sound?

Because it keeps resurfacing just like you just did. If you look at other threads everything is OK between us and we're moving on.

Everything was just fine before you re-visited this. You could drop it just the same and you too could move on like we did. Let it go ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk?t=2[/ame]

"Let's all move on, shall we!"

Cheers!

Last edited:
FEENIX,

You just have to have the last word. Or will you let me have it?

Sorry but not when you're instigating something that has been resolved. If you still have any issue, I can't help you there.

But if it makes you feel better go for it, I'll let you have the last word and I'll move on from here.

Cheers!

I think there was a little confusion in some of the posts between the Burris XTR rings and the Burris XTR Signature rings. The Sigs have the inserts that hold the scope, provide alignment and elevation too. There should not be slippage or alignment issues with these rings, nor any need to lap them.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.