Repeatable Scope mounts and rings

SealT5

With the popularity of switch barrel rifles, removing the scope or moving between rifles is becoming the norm.

I've had acceptable results using Nighforce Ultra rings, Spuhr, and Warner Mountain tech rings. While I haven't documented POI shift I've found it to be very minimal.

For those of you that have documented your findings what have they been? What direction and repeatability have you seen with the POI?

Joe

With the popularity of switch barrel rifles, removing the scope or moving between rifles is becoming the norm.

I've had acceptable results using Nighforce Ultra rings, Spuhr, and Warner Mountain tech rings. While I haven't documented POI shift I've found it to be very minimal.

For those of you that have documented your findings what have they been? What direction and repeatability have you seen with the POI?

Joe
I tested Badger steel rings a couple of years ago. 5, 5 shot groups removing scope/rings (leaving scope attached to rings) between each group. If there was any POI shift, it was less than what a .1mil click could correct. I remove my scope/rings a few times per year for various reasons, and always have the same result.

Did your poi move in one particular direction? As in horizontal or vertically? Thanks for the reply

I have purchased a set of Spuhr Seperate Rings. I use their one piece mounts with great success. Did not know they made rings until this week

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.