Mount Question

morgaj1

I am mounting a Trijicon Tenmile with a DNZ Game Reaper. In the attached picture, you will see that the bottom of the scope is very close to touching the cross bar of the scope mount. The gap is probably 3-4 sheets of paper in width. Is this cause for concern?

Attachments

• Trijicon 1.jpeg
    Trijicon 1.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 110
Being a 1 peice mount I think you should be ok. As long as you're not throwing some nitro-esque down the tube.
I personally would like a little more room, but I'm afraid scratches on my car will throw off my zero

I am mounting a Trijicon Tenmile with a DNZ Game Reaper. In the attached picture, you will see that the bottom of the scope is very close to touching the cross bar of the scope mount. The gap is probably 3-4 sheets of paper in width. Is this cause for concern?
Nothing in that pic will have measurable flex under recoil...should be good to go!

Very little daylight on my 6 BR…credit card won't pass thru the gap shown.
Works fine but not a big thumper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
I would suggest you consider the Leupold Dual Dove Tail 2 piece bases and the Dual Dove tail rings in whatever height you require. In this picture the Scope is a Leupold 4.5X to 14 X with a 30mm main tube, and for the past year the scope sitting on this rifle is a Leupold 8.5X to 25X Wind plex also with a 30mm main tube. No problems or issues of any kind. Very simple and very stable. ( IMHO)

Attachments

• IMG_2476 270 Weath Mag Leupold 4.5 to 14.jpg
    IMG_2476 270 Weath Mag Leupold 4.5 to 14.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34

Recent Posts