Montana is not suited for wusses ...

I ran a few errands earlier. This was in Colorado

Attachments

• IMG_0607.jpeg
    IMG_0607.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 31
Heat and humidity along the gulf coast will make you repent from being a sinner since that is about as close as we can be to hell on this earth. Lol.
I would sooner deal with the heat. I can find a few ways to cool off. And I never sweat much anyhow. Even when working construction, whether it was iron work or roofing. I always hated winter the steel got so cold. And slick. At least with the heat your shoes stuck really well. And you could usually get a few girls driving by to show their hooters when it was warm out. lol

It was only -34 in whitefish, I was out trying to start my Bobcat, still have to figure out.
I forgot to plug in the block heater on our family minivan two nights ago (here in Saskatchewan, we're actually slightly LESS cold than Montana and Alberta right now which is not the norm). -40 or so and that faithful dodge caravan cold started no trouble. Didn't sound very happy about it tho….

It was only -34 in whitefish, I was out trying to start my Bobcat, still have to figure out.
Sounds like it's time to break out the torpedo heater and tarps.

Been there, done that.

That's one of the pleasures of owning diesels in Montana.
When I got back into diesel pickups, I kept my last gasser for just that reason. I love diesels but it sure is nice to have one that'll fire at nearly any temp.

I saw a guy walking the ditch trying to jump shoot ducks near lake Helena Friday evening. I mean the wind was only 20-25mph and it was like -10F- good luck.

Reminded me of hunt I was on with my friends in Glasgow. When we started before sun up it was -36F. When we finished it was -32F.
Glasgow ducks -36.jpg
Glasgow ducks limit.jpg

We limited almost immediately after they started flying. It was so cold as soon as the birds spotted decoys they bombed in- they have to eat when it's that cold. A porky (far right) even walked right by us into the deek spread, lol.

I'll say this- I bought a 2016 Chevy 2500 LTZ pretty loaded. It was on the lot so I didn't option it out. Came as is. It has a steering wheel warmer, and I got ribbed all the time for having a wussy truck.

When we got done there were 12 hands fighting for position on that wheel. Who's the wuss now fellas, lol.

We have about 8 million people living on Long Island. About the same amount of people shoehorned into NYC.

I was close…..but I guess that our state is about 13% as populated as Long Island. And I wish that about 100K of ours would leave…..especially if I get to choose which 100K ! 😉 memtb

Sounds like it's time to break out the torpedo heater and tarps.

Been there, done that.

That's one of the pleasures of owning diesels in Montana.
When I got back into diesel pickups, I kept my last gasser for just that reason. I love diesels but it sure is nice to have one that'll fire at nearly any temp.

I don't generally plug mine in unless I know that it will be colder than -20 F and I will be using it. If I used it everyday…..I'd probably put a timer on it to heat it for a few hours before needing it.

Yes, I'm cheap! memtb

I forgot to plug in the block heater on our family minivan two nights ago (here in Saskatchewan, we're actually slightly LESS cold than Montana and Alberta right now which is not the norm). -40 or so and that faithful dodge caravan cold started no trouble. Didn't sound very happy about it tho….
The Jeep made some pretty loud whining noises yesterday when I started it up. And it was only -28. It's really going to whine when it gets cold.

One of the things I like most about Long Island is the climate. We get to enjoy all four seasons without any of the extremes. Today it was 57 degrees. Summers are hot but not brutal. We haven't had any snow in two years but that's rather unusual. Temperatures are virtually never below zero.
I've heard Cuba and Venezuela have nice weather too.