Montana is not suited for wusses ...

Still a bit cool here, -14 here this morning with a slight breeze. It's supposed to start a warming trend tomorrow! Kinda looking forward to a little break from the cold!
Sunday, we'll be loading up the camper filling it with water for a little trip. I've put water in the camper when it was in single digits….it sucks! memtb

I lived in Great Falls for 3 years while at Malmstrom. The best hunting of any where I've been. I remember Halloween one year taking the kids trick or treating and it was -30F. After 5 houses, they wanted to go home.
We had a covered back porch, and I'd grill outside regardless of temp, neighbors thought I was a little crazy. It just took a little longer to grill a steak is all. Coldest I was there was -44F, two times and it was short lived. I never had an issue, but the one time I've seen -34F here in SC AK, I got frost bite on the tip of my thumb and index finger putting air in my son's tires. That was 7 or 8 years ago and any time it's 15 or below and I forget gloves, I feel it.

Ahhh hell. That's nothin'. It's been sub-zero F for a few mornings in NE OK last week.
I know it's, "Nothing" ( Not, a Big Deal, Temp wise ) and certainly NOT Cold enough, to drive, the Newbie / libby's,.. Out of, Southern Idaho, SADLY !
Those Tesla's Freezing up and NOT Charging,.. might Help, tho,.. LOL !

Last edited:
I have been here for 62 years so far and have never got use to the heat......looks like the cold isn't on my favorite list either. The 3 days of spring and 3 days of fall are the reason I stay.
Not Summer is the bomb! My last 7 years, I would spend most of it in my RV less than a mile from Kaufer-Hubert boat ramp on Baffin. I sure miss that treacherous bay!