Montana 482 Sheep

dogz

Thought I'd toss this out there to see if any of you have experienced a 482 hunt. If so, feel free to PM me and or to respond here. My wife drew a ram tag for the unit, she's more than a skosh bit jacked about it.

Thought I'd toss this out there to see if any of you have experienced a 482 hunt. If so, feel free to PM me and or to respond here. My wife drew a ram tag for the unit, she's more than a skosh bit jacked about it.
I had that tag 2 years ago, spent about a month out there. It was fantastic killed a 10 year old ram just like I wanted. Pm me and I will give you my phone number and we can talk.
Learned alot in the time I spent. Can point you in a good direction or 2.

I have been on a few hunts there. Both tag holders scored on nice rams, a mid 180s type ram and 190ish ram. Both great hunts. In my limited sheep experience, I find it to be more about the ram that you like. I like the tighter curl type rams with lamb tips. My buddies like the broomed off rams that flare out more from their heads. I looked at quite a few rams and probably mis judged 80 percent of them. The sheep aren't hard to find there, but there certainly isn't a 200" ram around every corner.

Have a great hunt, hopefully your scouting has turned up a few.