• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Modified Case for Hornady Gauge

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
We are having quite a few LRH Members responding and happy to help out and make Modified Cases for you.
For anyone wanting to make their own Modified Case you can purchase a "Tap & Bit" through Amazon.

HSS 5/16-36 Right hand Thread Tap and 7.3mm Drill bit

You should have a GOOD Drill press (can do without a Lathe). Drill STRAIGHT and then TAP use a good TAP & Drill oil.
If you don't have the equipment. Please don't drill and tap crooked cases. Just put in the mail for a small fee and we will help out.

Jill and I have all the equipment already so we are offering to Drill & Tap your brass cases for you. We have done it for many reloaders on LRH as well as other reloaders. Just need to send us two or three Fired cases of the "Modified Case Caliber" you want. It seems to work better if you use a case fired formed from your chamber to start with. Walmart has 4"X7" bubble envelopes for around $0.50 each. Should be able to put a few cases in and then ship inexpensively through USPS. USPS Flat ratebox envelope is $8-9 now

We an not looking for any compensation, just to have you "Pay it Forward" to help another Hunter/Shooter and maybe return the favor to us in the future.
Also if you need Gunsmithing pertaining to Chambering/Threading/Cerakoting in the near future please contact us.
Our Shop is almost finished with the "Renovation". Just need some more electrical work and equipment placement in the new shop.
Thanks much & God Bless
If you can't shoot straight, just shoot anyway. You are bound to get better with practice.
This is what we just made for Modifoied Cases
6mmBR
6mm Creed
6.5 Creed
260 Rem
308Rem
8mm
270WSM
25-SSWM
325 WSM
204 Ruger
223Win
and I think a few others.
If you need one let us know.
Its $5.00 for shipping. from us to you
If you need to send it's $5.00 with the envelops I showed.
Anything else just let us know by PM

Thanks and God Bless
Len & Jill

its not that easy i have tried to hold a case and drill and tap it save your self the pain and just get one from Len an Jill

That's a great offer. Wish I'd of seen this last week. I just sent shot cases to Hornady last week for the same thing for my 6.5-06 and 6.5 Sherman. Will see when/if I get them back. I may send you some if not. I hunt up your way in Jenkins Co GA.
Send us some fired cases and we send you some more. We us a GO824 Lathe with DRO and after we drill out the primer pocket then we "Power tap: the case so everything is in line for start to finish.
We have done this process by hand with a Drill Press, BUT using a precession Lathe to Drill & Tap is the way to go,
Just send us at least two fired cases, but can send us new brass if you haven't received the rifle yet, You will just need to run the neck ball through so the bullet will flow freely when using the Hornady Modified Cae tool.
We can help you out with that,
You can send us several calibers at the same time to save on shipping.
PLEASE when you send us brass to be modified - SEND us a PM so we know your real name and your LRH name.
God Bless Len and Jill
It will cost you about $10.00 ($5 to me and $5 to you. for shipping both ways. I'll throw in the return envelope and do the drilling & Tapping for FREE.
We have done a bunch of these Modified Hornady Cases to help out other members to get their correct bullet seating.
ANY QUESTIONS Please PM us!!!!!
We don't charge for the work, not for the brass if you don't have and only charge shipping to us (<$5) you send it and the we ship with our envelope ($5.00) you can put a $5.00 in with the case our pay us later.
We have already been sending cases out for free.
Len & Jill

Last edited:
Just other notes of information.
We have had a few reloaders contact us and say that they tried to make their own Modified Cases and had some difficulties. You may purchase the Tap and Drill bit and then find out that it didn't work out. The hole and Tap have to be centered and straight for it to work.

If you want to make you own Modified case it is rather hard to hold the case and drill a hole straight along with Tapping it straight.
You will need a Drill Press with a really good vise that aligns the case with the drill bit and then Tap it straight by hand or use a "Piloted Spindel Taper Tool" for the Tap.
We use our Lathe to Drill and then "Power Tap" with a "Piloted Spindel Taper Tool". This ensures a "Straight Hole and Thread".
I have put a LINK on how the "VIPER" Mr. Bob Pastor "Power Taps" if anyone wants to DYI.

"Piloted Spindel Taper Tool"

You also have the option to just send us some of your Brass Cases and we will Drill & Tap for Free + a small shipping fee. We are not doing this for profit, just trying to help out as we have done with other things. We were sending it for free, but after a while the amount of packages add up.
If you want some Modified Cases made send us a PM first to see if we already have one made for the caliber/cartridge you are using. If we don't have the one you need, we will give you our shipping address and turnaround time is usually a day after we receive the Cases (depending on us going to town to the Post Office).
Also this was originally posted in the Classifieds under "For Sale" (don't know why). This post will I think go away after two weeks if no activity so just remember us if you need a in the future.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Last edited:
That's awesome of you. I'll have a couple soon that I'll need to have done as I don't have proper equipment to get it drilled perfectly square. I'll get back to you when I have a few fired cases to send your way!

That's awesome of you. I'll have a couple soon that I'll need to have done as I don't have proper equipment to get it drilled perfectly square. I'll get back to you when I have a few fired cases to send your way!
Lobber
Hope all is well with you and your family

Just send Jill & I a PM and we will give you our address and you can give us the info on your Cartridge/Case

Thanks
Len & Jill

Len, Solution to my sized cases you modified. I have a bullet knurler for when I thought I wanted to shoot full bore jacketed bullets in my Muzzle Loader. I just knurled a bullet larger, seated it, pulled it and I now have perfect minimal clearance. Share with others if they do like I did, and I am happy to knurl a bullet for them.
Thanks
Ron

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_6348.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6348.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 24
Good day all
If you are sending us a case to be modified I may ask for a bullet(s) to go along with the cases.
I want to make sure that the bullet travels freely in the case neck so the gauge works properly. We do have a selection of bullets, but my not have one for your case. We do have K&M Expander Mandrels for most calibers to expand the neck on new cases.
Just PM us first.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Last edited: