Model Seven 300 SAUM

N2TRKYS

I've got a chance to buy one in stainless with dies and a bunch of loaded ammo from a buddy of mine. Does anyone own one of these? I thought it might be a good backcountry rifle. Interested in hearing any pros or cons. Thanks.

Lightweight magnum rifles kick, there's simply no way around that unless you put a good brake or suppressor on it.

There's a reason that recoil calculators include the weight of the rifle in their calculations.

I bought the synthetic stainless version when they were introduced in .300 saum. It's lightweight, points great, lighten the trigger to about 3lbs, and it shoots amazing groups at 100 yards. I don't know why this rifle didn't catch on by back country big game hunters, it's about perfect, people are spending $5000.00 for lightweight mt rifles that are about the same thing...awesome little rifle right off the shelf for a fraction of the cost. Yes they kick off the bench but when your shooting at game you won't even notice....buy it in a heartbeat !!!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.