Model 700 stocks...

duckaholic

So I'm thinking about swapping stocks out. Was thinking maybe one of the choate ultra varmint or tactical. But not sold on it. I also had a guy tell me the hogue overmold stocks with pillar bedding aren't to shabby? Any thoughts on the two? Going on a sa 700

Get a McMillan or Manners and never look back ,
you will understand later , you'll see !

If you can't wait for it to be made for you, Stocky's is your best bet !
McMillan Stocks In-Stock Ready To Ship - Call (516) 584-8500

I just bought a McMillan Sporter in a Black/Olive swirly for a Rem 700
they had in stock ,

Too pricey ?

Take a good hard look at the HS Presicion M24 only $340
H-S Precision Pro-Series 2000 M24 A1 Tactical Stocks - Remington 700 BDL or DM - Long & Short Action PST 008 012 14 62 64

for $264 you will get a decent B&C M40 Tactical, (you get what you pay for)
Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist Style 4 Series 1000 Long Range Remington 700 Short Action & 1001 Long Action Stock

I just put a Bell and Carlson Tactical on my 700 in 308, although it is not a Mcmillan it is far better than the piece of junk that came on it. I would not get a Hogue if you are looking for accuracy, it is still injection molded plastic. Although it is pillar bedded it is not very rigid, the one with the full block may be better (probably similar to the savage accustock). I don't know much about choate products but for the money Bell and Carlson is the best bet in my opinion. The one I just received is the tactical medalist with full bedding block (from front swivel stud to vertical grip) hand laid fiberglass and carbon fiber, 3 swivel studs, and elevated cheek rest for $250 shipped. The price is $264 after Christmas but they are offering free shipping until midnight tonight.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.