Model 70 Rebarrel Cost?

Robert Kurilow

I have a New Haven Model 70 in All Weather 270 WSM. It shoots well enough but I do not care for the thin light weight barrel and I would like to switch it out for a precision barrel.

Generally how much can I expect to pay for barrel and install?

These are general figures but can give you an idea. Also there are a lot of other cost like cerakote, muzzle threading, muzzle brake install, fluting etc...
Barrel costs ~ $320-$350 depending on what barrel you pick.
install & chamebr ~ $250-$350 depends on yours smiths rates

Lilja barrel, threaded, plus bluing/Cerkote about $550-600. If you want to do muzzle brake threading, pillar bedding, glass bedding, bluing/Cerakote and blueprinting it will cost around $900-1000 before your done; this is an honest price with a reliable gunsmith. If someone is providing a price that is less than this, I would really be looking at the gunsmith's credentials/reviews. Usually you can count on around $100-150 every time you want something extra added. Good luck with the barrel change, you are going to like the .270 WSM. I just had a rifle built, if you would like a reference to a great smith PM me, I will give you more information.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.