• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Model 7 s/a .473 bolt

26Reload

Bought a model 7 recently....it was
rem 222 mag....had it neutered to 223...
Got it back from gs and checking it out that evening....it won't hold 223 cartridges in the box...figured a box lip tweak would help..back to gs.....after failed attempts he tried 243 & 22250 in the box..perfect fit....
The problem is that the barrel which was just made into 223 would now need to be rebored to larger caliber I don't want..and that the current bolt won't fit....so say 300$ more.....
I see that the 22Nosler is bigger case than the 223..but smaller than 243...
Anyone have a model 7 shooting 22Nosler....

Are you looking to buy a .473 bolt for a model 7? Or possible trade for your .223 bolt?

Right now...I wanna try some 22nosler brass in the box....see if they stay down...
That's the same size head as 223...
But.....a trade may be the best.....
What cartridge are you shooting?

I wanted just a simple little 223 bolt action rifle....
Obviously this guy sought to deceive me..
I will give him a chance to correct it on his cost....not any more of my cash....
I bet I will sell or trade it off..cause now it's bad memories....

This guy obviously just wanted to rip me off....gave him a chance...he says the cartridges not staying in th box is caused by my gs....rechambering the barrel...???
Seriously....
Tried some 224 Valkerie in the box and they were slightly askew..but stayed in the box....store hold have some 22nosler I soon..will check those...and pray they fit well enough......rechamber to 22Nosler...
Maybe