Model 11 purchase

ermad

Well I jumped on it. Model 11 in 308, 22" medium heavy barrel, Bushnell 4-12. I'll be saving up for a better optic but for now I'm just gonna shoot the heck out of it. (When it's not 0 degrees out). Any suggestions on loads from you reloaders? I've got some time till spring.

what bullet are you going to shoot? what powder to you have, or you are thinking of using?

I have a bunch of Sierra, different grains, I also have some Hornady 180 grain V-Max already loaded with 4895, and Accu(not sure of number, reloading stuff is at my brothers house). I also have some 3031. Most of my loads are in the 40-44.5 grains of powder range.I usually jump about 3 grains per load. I willing to try and learn what works best. I know it's trial and error but it's also fun trying to find the sweet spot.

Looks like you are in the ball park with the loads. I have had great succes with IMR 4064 and 168 grain AMAX. Varget and RL15 have worked well for me also.

Good luck, keep warm and have fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.