• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Moa evolution 28N

That's my predicament. This thing is a total hammer and very comfortable to shoot. But it doesn't line up with what I generally use or want to carry. I was thinking about sending it back to MOA for a new NF NX8 and a new carbon stock.

That's my predicament. This thing is a total hammer and very comfortable to shoot. But it doesn't line up with what I generally use or want to carry. I was thinking about sending it back to MOA for a new NF NX8 and a new carbon stock.
Would that drop any weight?

If it was about 7.5 bare weight, I'd be all over it but the next rifle I buy needs to be lighter for a sheep hunt.

I think I can get it down quite a bit. The scope is heavy and the stock is a fiberglass McMillan. One thing about sheep country is that it is always windy. Those 195 Bergers are the best it gets and bucking wind

I just compared the barrel to one of my 700s. The contour is maybe one heavier than the thin rem barrel. I bet you could get this under 9# as the last rem 700 7mag I played with was 8.7# with a NXS on it

I don't know exactly but I would guess it was built around 2016-2017. The evolution won't show up on their website because they were a "cheaper" version of their rifles. Any of their new ones start at $5750 for bare rifle