Mn wolf plan

RECENTLY OFF THE CARIBOU TRAIL, T.P.
IMG_9271.jpg

Familiar sight unfortunately. Lots of tracks this deer season again up here.
Did you also see deer?

A friend who has hunted the same area near Bemidji for +20 years told me recently that his area- which has always had a very prolific deer herd- was void of deer this year.
All his group could find was wolf tracks.

It's pretty freaked up to see our Fish and Game Departments cater to the wolf huggers, especially when we are the ones paying their wages and buying their equipment.

It's no longer about science. The science has been proven to work for decades but they still feel the need to change it based on a vocal and well funded few.

Dealing with wildlife professionals in any given state, it's pretty obvious that the anti hunting crowd has infilitrated them making antihunting agendas that much easier to push for and get implemented.

Dont't get me wrong, I am not a "kill them all" person- not even close. But when you see the reality of what is actually going on, it's sometimes hard to NOT want to kill them all

Did you also see deer?

A friend who has hunted the same area near Bemidji for +20 years told me recently that his area- which has always had a very prolific deer herd- was void of deer this year.
All his group could find was wolf tracks.

It's pretty freaked up to see our Fish and Game Departments cater to the wolf huggers, especially when we are the ones paying their wages and buying their equipment.

It's no longer about science. The science has been proven to work for decades but they still feel the need to change it based on a vocal and well funded few.

Dealing with wildlife professionals in any given state, it's pretty obvious that the anti hunting crowd has infilitrated them making antihunting agendas that much easier to push for and get implemented.

Dont't get me wrong, I am not a "kill them all" person- not even close. But when you see the reality of what is actually going on, it's sometimes hard to NOT want to kill them all
Very few. We are a little over an hour from Bemidji. Some at our camp didn't see a single deer. I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Moose and wolves are native to Minnesotas North Shore, deer are not, they came in after all of the logging came through many
years back. My Son was up moose hunting with his 70 year old tribal member today, The word from the tribal biologist's this Fall is that the moose are comming back on their own and are not going to do anything on the wolf /deer issues

T.P.

What brings in more $$ for everyone, having wolves around or deer hunting?

I've kinda given up on a meaningful wolf hunt in the upper Midwest. The numbers have bumped up against the social carrying capacity anyway, so be it.