Misfires with a specific ammo

Greetings, I am breaking in a Winchester Model 70 Alaskan, 375 H&H. This gun is a strong candidate for a back up on an upcoming CO elk hunt this fall. I will soon do some load tuning but now have an issue with misfires. I have discharged 60 rounds of Federal Premium, 300 gr Nosler Partition, with no issues. Best group is 1.7 MOA but am confident with hand loads that I can get it pretty close to 1 MOA. This weekend, I tried Hornady Outfitter 250 gr GMX. Of seven attempted firings, 3 were misfires. Hornady customer service looked at the attached pic and stated:
"Thanks for the inquiry. At first glance we notice that the pin strikes on the primers aren't centered on the primer and do appear a little shallow. We seat the primers slightly below flush about .005" to .007" but this increases the sensitivity of the primers. Currently we don't show any other known issues with that particular lot# at this time."

In the pic, the three misfires are on top, beside an unchambered round, four normal fired cases on the bottom. As you can see from Hornady, no consideration of the fact that the gun performed without issue with another type of ammo. Winchester said to go ahead and ship the gun to their service center in Missouri. However, I may consider having a local smith give it a look. I can also try another type of factory ammo (not cheap however these days, at 4+$ per round), or try some hand loads. Any thoughts or advice? I can also get the comparators out and compare head space/case length for fired and unfired cartridges with both ammo types on hand. Could the Hornady cases be a tad short, too much room in the chamber? Both types are nickel plated cases. Any similar experiences with Hornady Outfitter ammo (which they claim is durable and dependable enough for an outfitter to use).

Thanks in advance for your help.
I shoot all kinds of factory ammo as well a my own handloads. I usually prefer to shoot my loads due to the cost considerations however do also compare to factory in the event I run out of ammo and have to go to the local gun shop to get a box. I try to make all of my ammo for a specific rifle shoot 1 MOA or less and close to what is factory. Sometimes I win...sometimes I lose.

Greetings, I am breaking in a Winchester Model 70 Alaskan, 375 H&H. This gun is a strong candidate for a back up on an upcoming CO elk hunt this fall. I will soon do some load tuning but now have an issue with misfires. I have discharged 60 rounds of Federal Premium, 300 gr Nosler Partition, with no issues. Best group is 1.7 MOA but am confident with hand loads that I can get it pretty close to 1 MOA. This weekend, I tried Hornady Outfitter 250 gr GMX. Of seven attempted firings, 3 were misfires. Hornady customer service looked at the attached pic and stated:
"Thanks for the inquiry. At first glance we notice that the pin strikes on the primers aren't centered on the primer and do appear a little shallow. We seat the primers slightly below flush about .005" to .007" but this increases the sensitivity of the primers. Currently we don't show any other known issues with that particular lot# at this time."

In the pic, the three misfires are on top, beside an unchambered round, four normal fired cases on the bottom. As you can see from Hornady, no consideration of the fact that the gun performed without issue with another type of ammo. Winchester said to go ahead and ship the gun to their service center in Missouri. However, I may consider having a local smith give it a look. I can also try another type of factory ammo (not cheap however these days, at 4+$ per round), or try some hand loads. Any thoughts or advice? I can also get the comparators out and compare head space/case length for fired and unfired cartridges with both ammo types on hand. Could the Hornady cases be a tad short, too much room in the chamber? Both types are nickel plated cases. Any similar experiences with Hornady Outfitter ammo (which they claim is durable and dependable enough for an outfitter to use).

Thanks in advance for your help.
I would ditch that ammo and move on. If it becomes an issue with other munitions then you have a problem.

Nope, you want it to shoot any (quality) ammo you feed it. Get the Wolff extra-strength firing pin spring and then you never have to worry again and your break to strike time will be faster, giving certain ignition and better accuracy.

Sure unless it's that specific Hornady ammo is bad quality. He said the 60 rounds of one type ammo shot with no issues, and that he has the ability to handload. Just my thoughts as a route to try that's cheap easy effective. As I stated if it happens on multiple types of ammo probably a rifle issue. If only on the Hornady it's probably an ammo issue.

Nope, you want it to shoot any (quality) ammo you feed it. Get the Wolff extra-strength firing pin spring and then you never have to worry again and your break to strike time will be faster, giving certain ignition and better accuracy.
Jon, Thanks for this advice. I contacted Wolff to make sure I am choosing the correct spring. Winchester gets a bit confusing (pre-64, post 64, this gun is way post, purchased in 2019 but may use pre-64 design???), at least for me. Wolff replied that when FN started making this rifle for Winchester (news to me but maybe not a suprise, does FN also own Browning), they do not have a heavier spring. From Mr. Wolff himself: Thank you for your email. Regarding your Winchester model 70, if the gun was manufactured after 2009, our spring will not fit the action. FN had taken over manufacturing for them and they changed the design of the firing pin assembly.

I wonder if anyone knows where else I may look for a heavier spring?

Jon, Thanks for this advice. I contacted Wolff to make sure I am choosing the correct spring. Winchester gets a bit confusing (pre-64, post 64, this gun is way post, purchased in 2019 but may use pre-64 design???), at least for me. Wolff replied that when FN started making this rifle for Winchester (news to me but maybe not a suprise, does FN also own Browning), they do not have a heavier spring. From Mr. Wolff himself: Thank you for your email. Regarding your Winchester model 70, if the gun was manufactured after 2009, our spring will not fit the action. FN had taken over manufacturing for them and they changed the design of the firing pin assembly.

I wonder if anyone knows where else I may look for a heavier spring?
I would call Winchester and see what they advise. They may send a new spring.

Fire a handful of factory and load those with your load. I just seat primers flush, I like Fed 215's. Just me.
Clean firing pin but I never add any oil.
Also, you might check pin protrusion depth.